It is March 2018: What Fantasy book are you reading?

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
I understand it is complete now with 9 books. If you have a kindle, the first 3 are available as omnibus edition, download the sample to see if you like it. (that was that made me read it)

I am currently on book 5 and understand if people say the quality is going down ... still keeps me up until 2 a.m. although I am already severely sleep deprived!

Snap ... wanted to re-check and read the synopsis of book 9 on Amazon, major spoilers for the story just by reading that. :mad:
@Derk of Derkholm

I remembered this conversation with but was fairly sure it was with you or one other person. I wanted to thank you for convincing me to put this series back on my TBR. Very early (only 64 pages into the first book but I’m really enjoying it). Nothing heavy (which is a really welcome break sometimes). Well written and fun. Very early but already feeling really good about it.

ExTended

Journeyed there and back again
@Derk of Derkholm

I remembered this conversation with but was fairly sure it was with you or one other person. I wanted to thank you for convincing me to put this series back on my TBR. Very early (only 64 pages into the first book but I’m really enjoying it). Nothing heavy (which is a really welcome break sometimes). Well written and fun. Very early but already feeling really good about it.

It's a solid series imo, with some ups and downs, but the tone of the series is pretty consistent over-all and it changes pace and setting with pretty much every single book, so it all comes down to how you happen to enjoy the different combinations and turns in the story.

I didn't care all that much for books 4, 6 and 7( those also happen to be the more exotic books of the bunch), but books 1 to 3, 5 and 8-9 were quite in my alley and were good enough for my standards.

I actually have three different TBR piles. The first is for my free time( when I can give the audiobook my full attention), the second is for my 'not so demanding work hours'( when I can follow the book while working on my computer doing tasks that are repetitive or require less brain work while they are being done, I've actually used Temeraire for that category - it's for books that intrigue me, but less than the likes of Brandon Sanderson, G. R. R. Martin, Daniel Abraham etc.) and my third TBR is books that I wouldn't have time for otherwise( for my heavier thinking working hours) such as young adult fantasy, LitRPG, middle-grade fantasy, self-pubbed fantasy, re-reads etc.

As far as 2nd TBR goes, Temeraire was a blast( for the most part)! :)