It's January 2018 : What SF book are you reading

ofer

Journeyed there and back again
Recently finished Inish Carraig by forum's member Jo Zebedee. Liked it overall - it was short, fast paced and fun. It tells the story of what happens after the alien invasion was finished and new reality takes place. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the book - not because I expected it to be bad but because over the recent years I realized that I prefer adult characters, not teenagers or kids, and when I started reading the book I discovered that most ot it is told through a teenager POV. Still, it's no surprise that my favorite POV in the book was Carter (a police liason between local law-enforcement and the aliens).

Earlier this month I read Anvil of Stars by Greg Bear. This one I didn't like so much - book was too much drawn-out and too little happened. I think it would have been better as a novella (book is a sequel to Forge of God, one of Bear's most famous books).

TomTB

The Master Tweeter
Staff member
@TomTB, I noticed on GR you started Terms of Enlistment. That will be a perfect 6 book series for the challenge. All the books are pretty shorts and quick, easy reads.

Well, if you like the first one.
Yeah been waiting for this last one to come out for ages. Finally get to start the series!! And looking forward it!!

jo zebedee

Recently finished Inish Carraig by forum's member Jo Zebedee. Liked it overall - it was short, fast paced and fun. It tells the story of what happens after the alien invasion was finished and new reality takes place. I was pleasantly surprised that I liked the book - not because I expected it to be bad but because over the recent years I realized that I prefer adult characters, not teenagers or kids, and when I started reading the book I discovered that most ot it is told through a teenager POV. Still, it's no surprise that my favorite POV in the book was Carter (a police liason between local law-enforcement and the aliens).
Just saw this - thank you :) Whisper it - Carter is my favourite too. When it was with an agent most of his parts were removed and the book was poorer without him - when I got the rights back I put him straight back in!

On the reading from I’m reading Pat Cadigan’s Mindplayers. My word, she is superb.

Darth Tater

Began The Anubis Gates today. Didn’t think On Stranger Tides was great. So far Powers has thrown a bazillion names, theories and tenses at me in 26 pages which is maddening but the subject matter is fascinating.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Began The Anubis Gates today. Didn’t think On Stranger Tides was great. So far Powers has thrown a bazillion names, theories and tenses at me in 26 pages which is maddening but the subject matter is fascinating.
I finished that yesterday. I have been trying to clear out my Kindle backlog and I must've bought that when it was on special at some point in the past. I liked how everything came together in the end; must've taken a fair amount of planning to have things show up at the right moment.