Linower

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
So I logged in earlier and Linower wasn't around .. then 10 mins later he/she was back! Does this mean he/she is real? Can any moderators use their IP to track them down? I'm intrigued ...

Boreas

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
I just realised that Linower has been completely absent the last few times I've logged on. Weird.

João Ribeiro

Sorry for being thick but what's the story around that user?

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I just realised that Linower has been completely absent the last few times I've logged on. Weird.
He's been gone for at least 11 days now. (Scroll back in the chat window.)

Boreas

Staff member
The fact that he/she was always online and always on chat (nearly 24/7 from what I gather) but never posted or responded to anyone.

Darth Tater

Speaking of thick. I find myself answering to that name around here more often than not. :confused:

What are credits or points (are they the same)? I've seen them in profiles but remain clueless as to their purpose and how they're accumulated? :wideyed:

While asking stuff..are most people here really aspiring (or accomplished) authors. Any "successes" yet? Do most self -publish? I've perused the Authors section ( "Rejections" and "a New kind of Fantasy Story") and plan to read that forum more carefully. Does anyone sell books for $2.99 (or whatever) on kindle? Any luck? What percentage of those Daily Deal books are good? I obviously lack the talent and certainly the desire to write but regardless I'm very curious. :)

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
What are credits or points (are they the same)? I've seen them in profiles but remain clueless as to their purpose and how they're accumulated? :wideyed:
There was talk of being able to spend/redeem credits for stuff (Ammy gift cards or whatever) but that hasn't happened yet. Credits are accumulated by doing things like starting threads, writing posts, sometimes for earning likes on posts, interest, etc.

Points are different and you accumulate those by accomplishing certain things (getting some number of likes on your posts, making a certain number of posts, etc.). I am pretty sure those are what give you titles under your name (i.e. "Might as well be a Malazan regular" for you right now).