Loose ends

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
The Guards series by Terry Pratchett - I've finished 3 books, but then I've changed authors for a while and haven't gone back to the guards story yet.
Interesting point, Ex. I thought to myself, how many are there, self? I could only think of three. But there is a site that lists them but only seven, although they say there are eight: Guards!Guards!, Feet of Clay, Jingo, Men At Arms, Night Watch, The Fifth Elephant (hey I just got Sir Terry's joke here, after The Fifth Element wasn't he?), Thud is seven. What's the eighth?

ExTended

Interesting point, Ex. I thought to myself, how many are there, self? I could only think of three. But there is a site that lists them but only seven, although they say there are eight: Guards!Guards!, Feet of Clay, Jingo, Men At Arms, Night Watch, The Fifth Elephant (hey I just got Sir Terry's joke here, after The Fifth Element wasn't he?), Thud is seven. What's the eighth?
It probably depends on who is doing the ordering, since those novels are more or less stand-alone and feel only loosely connected to one-another. Since I am new to the Discworld, I am using one very beautifully done reading order list that helps newbies like me to get oriented which is where in the whole of things. I will try to upload it to this post. It shows the Guards novels as 8 or 9, depending on how you count them. I hope it helps. :)

Attachments

kenubrion

It probably depends on who is doing the ordering, since those novels are more or less stand-alone and feel only loosely connected to one-another. Since I am new to the Discworld, I am using one very beautifully done reading order list that helps newbies like me to get oriented which is where in the whole of things. I will try to upload it to this post. It shows the Guards novels as 8 or 9, depending on how you count them. I hope it helps. :)
Thanks Ex, that's a really cool chart and I will treasure it because it's Discworld. You also got me on a search for Theatre of Cruelty, and although Amazon doesn't seem to have it, they do say that Where's My Cow, which I've never read and forgot about, is the eighth guards book. But the REALLY big favor you've done me is reminded me about the last Tiffany Aching book The Shepherd's Crown, Sir Terry's last and a series that I really like. And A Blink Of The Screen, The World of Poo, Dragons At Crumbling Castle are all books of his that I had never heard of! And the second Science of Discworld I was unaware of. Thanks so much, I'm very happy about all this.