Mobile Games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by fbones24, Apr 16, 2016.

1. fbones24

fbones24 Journeyed there and back again

I know there is a thread for "What game are you playing?" but it seems that most people are playing games on consoles or computer. I haven't played console games in years but always get the itch for mobile games on my iphone.

Right now I'm playing Plasma Sky and have been for some time. It's an excellent top down shooter. Have played sorcery but given my obsession with fantasy, I found the story shallow. Also played Frozen Synapse for a while.

So, what are you playing, any suggestions. I highly recommend Plasma Sky for mindless shooting fun.

2. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Not many. I post a weekly score for Bejewelled Blitz, dabble in the Angry Birds bubble shooter, but mostly mobile games are things I play when I've naff all else to do (which is rare).

3. Andrew.J

Andrew.J Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

I can't help but feel they're just a waste of time. And a cash grabbing one at that (micro-transactions). I haven't really found any mobile games worth spending time on, not that I looked very hard. I don't have long commutes or breaks in the day with time to kill, so I've made an effort to do something fun and beneficial (in my mind) whenever I have spare time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  4. fbones24

That was my reason for posting this thread. I do find that most are a cash grab but the ones where you lay out money up front are typically better. Another great little game that comes to mind is Machinarium. Also Monument was a pretty interesting puzzle game.

5. Andrew.J

If you're interested in puzzle games there're The Room 1,2&3 games on Android and iOS. I haven't played them but heard they're good. The main idea is that there're multiple devices in a room that you have figure out how to open. Some of those puzzles and devices are quite impressive. There's also a story associated with them, if I recall correctly. Here's the wikipedia link for the 1st game with some more information. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Room_(2012_video_game)

6. Derk of Derkholm

Derk of Derkholm Journeyed there and back again

I agree, most mobile games (like other pastimes, e.g. reading and posting on online forums and interacting on facebook) are mainly a waste of time and sometimes also a waste of money.

Having said that, I am partial to Clash of Clans and have been actively participating there for some years now, as it is an interesting strategy game.

Best regards,
    Andy

7. wakarimasen

wakarimasen Journeyed there and back again

8. Andrew.J

I do have to say, though, that reading and posting on this forum has been nothing short of amazing. I don't consider this a waste of time myself. It is rather educating among other things. :)

9. Andrew.J

Oh, I see what you mean. ;) This is the first thing that pops up when you click on the link.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  10. Bullgar

Bullgar A Muggle

You definitely need to try out The Wolf Among Us. It's a point and click decision based adventure. It's about the fairy tale characters that were forced to live in NY. You are the Big Bad Wolf and you are the detective, who makes sure everything runs smooth in the community. In the game you have to solve a series of murders. It is REALLY good, well made and QUITE mature.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. fbones24

This sounds good. I'm actually running through a replay of Sword and Sorcery which is another amazing mobile game. Perhaps the best ever depending on your tastes. I will certainly look into this once I'm done. Thanks!

12. Bullgar

Bullgar A Muggle

Yeah, check it out. I'm sure you`ll be pleasantly surprised, the bad thing is that it's separated in 5 chapters = 5 purchases...

13. Andrew.J

Thanks for the recommendation @Bullgar. I had no idea Telltale releases their games on iOS and Android too. That's so cool. I could never properly sit and play their games on my laptop. Tablets and smartphones seem like a great medium for this.

Telltale has other great games too. I really enjoyed The Tales from the Borderlands. It's absolutely fantastic, definitely worth a look. It's charming and funny, very moving at times. The story is brilliant as well. Then there's The Walking Dead. I haven't played it but heard the 1st season is great. And of course The Game of Thrones: I'm not really sure about it, I only played the 1st episode, wasn't interested enough to continue. But it's kind of worth it if you need your ASOIAF fix. :D

Here's the link for The Tales from the Borderlands.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
  14. Derk of Derkholm

Haha, I had not seen that one.

They do take a refreshing approach on marketing.

If you search for them on youtube, there's a lot of funny 1-minute-spots that they even run on TV.

One is starring Liam Neeson, in which he checks his mobile while buying breakfast in a New York coffee shop and then goes on a silent, deadly rant like in one of his movies "You should not have attacked me, @funnyboy69. I will come to you and destroy your village, and take your gold, and kill everybody" ... and all the people in the coffeeshop fall dead silent and do not dare to say a word, as they think he is speaking in dead earnest ;-) .

15. Derk of Derkholm

I also do like to play "Respawnables" now and then, which can best be described as a comic graphic first person shooter in which you fight other players from around the world.

16. GoldenPixel

GoldenPixel Possibly a Darkfriend

Champions of the Shengha is both epic and very relaxing. Only on Android atm, but I hear it's coming to iOS in the next few days.