MR. MERCEDES by Stephen King

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Another show by Stephen King. I saw this few days ago but forgot to share.
I think this is only available for US viewers. It's coming on August 9th and it's produced by AT&T :eek:
So enjoy guys. I'll guess the rest of us will have to stick with books (Bill Hodges Trilogy)

Jakyro

Journeyed there and back again
Another show by Stephen King. I saw this few days ago but forgot to share.
I think this is only available for US viewers. It's coming on August 9th and it's produced by AT&T :eek:
So enjoy guys. I'll guess the rest of us will have to stick with books (Bill Hodges Trilogy)

I read the first book and it wasn't worth my time. I didn't bother to read the next two. Maybe that the show will be better, but if it's similar to the books I wouldn't expect too much from it

The trailer looks decent though

Last edited:

Jakyro

Journeyed there and back again
Really? Why didn't you like it?
From what I've seen the trilogy has been a great success, but than again Stephen King's books usually always are.
It isn't the typical Stephan King book, in the way that it hasn't anything to do with fantasy or the supernatural. It's set up as a crime novel, but personally I didn't think it was a very good one. King tries do to something special by introducing the criminal from early in the book. This way you get to know the character much better, but it takes away a lot from the suspense you normaly have. He tries to add tension, but I always thought it were only lame attempts.

Also the characters were not very well done. The characterization of the killer is probably done the worst. I thought it was a laughable killer even ... probably not what king tried to achieve. The other characters weren't much better either. A pretty big miss from King with this book. You can also read my review from the novel on GR

The trailer seems pretty decent. The atmosphere that Stephen king wanted to achieve (but in which he failed) seems to be done pretty well here

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
It isn't the typical Stephan King book, in the way that it hasn't anything to do with fantasy or the supernatural. It's set up as a crime novel, but personally I didn't think it was a very good one. King tries do to something special by introducing the criminal from early in the book. This way you get to know the character much better, but it takes away a lot from the suspense you normaly have. He tries to add tension, but I always thought it were only lame attempts.

Also the characters were not very well done. The characterization of the killer is probably done the worst. I thought it was a laughable killer even ... probably not what king tried to achieve. The other characters weren't much better either. A pretty big miss from King with this book. You can also read my review from the novel on GR

The trailer seems pretty decent. The atmosphere that Stephen king wanted to achieve (but in which he failed) seems to be done pretty well here
Sounds like a Dean Koontz novel. In many of his books the antagonist is featured in his/her own chapters. He tends to pull it off though.