My Stephen King booklist. What's yours?

Tony Brady

Will likely be killed by a Lannister soon
Hello out there! I’m posting a list of all of the Stephen King books that I have read! What’s your list?

1)Baby Babyluv

2)Carrie

3)Cujo

4)The dark tower: The gunslinger

5)The dark tower: The drawing of the three

6)The dark tower: The wastelands

7)The dark tower: Wizard and glass

8)Duma key

9)Gerald’s game

10)Joyland

11)Mr. Mercedes

12)Revival

13)Rose madder

14)The Shining

15)Under the dome

16)Different seasons

17)Everything’s eventual

18)Full dark, no stars

19)Four past midnight

20)Doctor sleep

21)The dark half

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
Carrie
Shining
The Stand 3 times
The one about the killer car
It which still bothers me because of what It is
First three Dark Tower, stopped reading him here
The Running Man as Richard Bachman
Thinner same thing
The Long Walk ditto
Salem's Lot
The Dead Zone
Firestarter
Cujo twice
The Tommyknockers

Tony Brady

Oh! I went and saw the dark tower movie last night! I would've done it a different way, the movie that is, but I still loved it!

paul james

Drinks Elfbark tea with FitzChivalry
I've read over 50. It is only the newest and the obscure stories I've not read yet.

I re-read Insomnia recently. I will re-read Pet Semetary next.

You have these to look forward to plus the last four Dark Tower. All great books. Desperation and The regulators are linked but they are hard to follow as feature the same character names but in different roles!

I also loved 11-22-63, Needful Things, The Talisman, Dreamcatcher. My favourite collection was Just After Sunset. Am currently on Bazaar, just finished Blockade Billy.

Tony Brady

NICE!!! That's a lot of King books! My favorite collection of his was definitely 'Everything's Eventual'. So many good short stories; The man in the black suit, the sister's of Eluria(gunslinger story), 1408, Lunch at the Gotham cafe', lots of great reads!

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Same as @paul james I've read pretty much every SK book. The ones I like best are IT, The Stand, the Dark Tower books and Hearts in Atlantis

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I don't remember much of anything about these, but here you go (Richard Bachman ones included):
  • 'Salem's Lot
  • The Shining
  • The Stand
  • Cujo
  • The Gunslinger
  • Pet Sematary
  • It
  • The Drawing of the Three
  • Misery
  • The Tommyknockers
  • The Dark Half
  • The Waste Lands
  • Needful Things
  • Gerald's Game
  • Dolores Claiborne
  • Insomnia
  • Rose Madder
  • Desperation
  • The Regulators
What this tells me is I apparently read a lot of Stephen King books prior to graduating high school and none since. (The Regulators was published in 1996.)

Tony Brady

Well, I see that you too had unfortunately read 'Gerald's Game'. Did you hate that one as much as me? I Love King as a writer overall, but that is the worst book I have ever forced myself to read! Hahahaha!

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Well, I see that you too had unfortunately read 'Gerald's Game'. Did you hate that one as much as me? I Love King as a writer overall, but that is the worst book I have ever forced myself to read! Hahahaha!
For some reason, I remember that one more than the others. I don't know how you can make an entire novel out of that scenario.

jo zebedee

I think...

Those I loved:
Salem's Lot
the Stand (read both versions - his editor called it right)
Fire starter
Dead zone
The Regulators
Eyes of the Dragon
On Writing
It
Under the Dome
The Girl Who loved Tom Gordon
Different Seasons

Okay:

Desperation
The Shining
Tommyknockers
Rose Madder
The Green Mile
Skeleton Crew
Misery

Meh:

Pet Semetary
Cujo
Christine
Carrie
Needful things
Insomnia
Dark Half
Lissey's Something

Started and never finished

Book one - the Dark Tower
The time travelling one about JFK. I hated that.
The sequel to The Shining.

So yeah. I've read a few in my time :)

Kalavan

I apparently read a lot of Stephen King books prior to graduating high school and none since
Same here, I've read everything he has written till On writing - and I mean absolutely everything, just checked his bibliography - thanks to my local librarian, an huge fan who used to pick up everything he wrote, even anthologies with only a King's foreword.

Which by the way led me to discover George R.R. Martin long before ASOIAF, and I still prefer his short stories and novellas to his blockbuster (Skin Trade, With Morning comes Mistfall, A Song for Lya, Sandkings and many others).

After high school(2001), I've finished The Black Tower and I've read perhaps a couple more of his books, but my interest in his works waned. Although I'll definitely have to check out at the very least 11-22-63.

The Stand is by a distance my favorite one, but I've also loved Different Seasons, It, The Running Man, The Dead Zone and Needful Things

EDIT: I've mixed them up, I barely remember The Running Man, I meant The Long Walk

Last edited:

Darth Tater

The 17 Stephen King books I've read along with my opinion based on my level of enjoyment

Dark Tower series -----> excellent
---------------------
The Gunslinger
Drawing Of The Three
The Wastelands
Wizards and Glass
Wolves Of The Calla---> best of the bunch
Song Of Susanah
The Dark Tower

Standalone Novels
-----------------------
Girl Loved Tom Gordon -great & underrated
Eyes Of The Dragon -----> lame
Joyland----> good
The Stand--- > great
The Talisman-->. So-so
The Tommyknockers---->very good
It----->AWESOME and among favorite books ever!!!

Short story collections
------------------------
Skeleton Crew-----> great shorts
Different seasons----> pretty good
Nightmares and Dreamscapes---> so-so

Total = 17

Tony Brady

I have read the dark tower series all the way up to wizard and glass. Now that I see your favorite one was wolves of the calla I am excited to get back into the series!

Darth Tater

I have read the dark tower series all the way up to wizard and glass. Now that I see your favorite one was wolves of the calla I am excited to get back into the series!
Well, just so you know, so that I don't mislead you, I don't think most people would agree with me. I looked around at different sites to see how most people ranked the books.

I found that on the majority of lists people put the Song Of Susannah (book 6) at the bottom along with The Gunslinger
(book 1).

The top two on most lists seem to be The Wastelands (book 3) and Wizards and Glass (book 4).

Wolves Of The Calla (book 5) seened to be around 4th or 5th on most lists. I thought there was a lot going on in that book and enjoyed the story most.

I think my rankings from bet to worse

1. Book 5 Wolves
2. Book 3 Wasteland
3. Book 4 Wizards
4. Book 6 Susannah
5.Book 7 Dark Tower
6.Book 2 Drawing
7. Book 1 Gunslinger

Places numbers 4-6 on my list are interchangeable.

ABatch

Carrie
Christine
The Stand
The Shining
The Dead Zone
Under the Dome
The Dark Half
It
Mr. Mercedes
The Sleep Doctor