New Fantasy Lists!

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
I kind of based my price on Phil Tucker's books, which, I think, won the Mark Lawrence contest.
I see the logic in that. My way of looking at it is that if somebody is looking for a good deal they're going to buy a two dollar cannot lose proposition book. If they see a five dollar book they may think well if it was really good it would be eight to $10. I look at the books Amazon marks down in most of them seem to be between $7.99 and $9.99. They used to sell them for $1.99 but it looks like they've pretty much gone up to $2.99.

I'm sure you know what you're doing. I'm just trying to approach it a different way to see if you can finally get noticed. I just really really feel that you need to get on that Amazon daily deal.

TomTB

The Master Tweeter
Staff member
I cannot speak for Ben, but I've always felt like if I were him I would be stuck between rock and a hard place. How can he show favoritism and read one members book and not another? How could he admit to reading a book when it doesn't float his boat? He puts his heart and soul into this site and would never compromise the integrity by showing favoritism. I just feel for the guy. Again, that is just how I see it and I'm playing devils advocate. I could be way off.

I've heard almost all positive comments about Immortal Treachery from people here. A couple of "meh's. I assume if anyone didn't like it they would not be so insensitive as to say so publicly. (I haven't seen comments on any other authors books). I respect most of the opinions here. Most do not put on rah rah teenage girl cheerleader skirts.I feel for A Batch (and I always wish him the best...in fact although I haven't read the book (other than a chapter) I often try to think of ways to help him get recognition). A B is a positive contribitor to the forum but so is X, Y, and Z. Honestly, if I were Ben I would just say "I haven't had the time". Which in his case I'm not doubting that he is telling the truth. I'm sure he is wiser than I am and has a solution. I just feel for the guy and at the same time for the contributing authors here.
I just think he should read it, because it's ace, and I honestly think he'd really like it.

Darth Tater

I just think he should read it, because it's ace, and I honestly think he'd really like it.
I assume he will. Based on the comments here I also assume it finds a nice spot on the Indie list. To unfairly try to put you on the spot: Would you personally put it on the top 50 Best Epics list? Some novices are on there and I also assume everyone feels one or two series don't belong there.

Lots of assumptions there. And you know what they say about when you assume...:p

ABatch

Ran bridges next to Kaladin
I assume he will. Based on the comments here I also assume it finds a nice spot on the Indie list. To unfairly try to put you on the spot: Would you personally put it on the top 50 Best Epics list? Some novices are on there and I also assume everyone feels one or two series don't belong there.

Lots of assumptions there. And you know what they say about when you assume...:p
I haven't read all fifty on the list, but no, I would not put mine on that particular list. I do hope that by the end of the next book -- the last in the series -- some will think it worthy of such an honor. At the same time, I understand that taste is subjective and doubtless there will be some who think my book is garbage.

Darth Tater

I haven't read all fifty on the list, but no, I would not put mine on that particular list. I do hope that by the end of the next book -- the last in the series -- some will think it worthy of such an honor. At the same time, I understand that taste is subjective and doubtless there will be some who think my book is garbage.

Every other book discussed here either has some people hating it and in most cases people finding at least SOME shortcomings. But yours has received raves all around.

I need to read it sometime after I knock off the books already in my library. The book may be awesome but I only plan to read it out of an overwhelming curiosity and because it is yours. I like your sense of humor and I'm totally pulling for you regardless of whatever my personal opinion turns out to be. Even though your book type is the rage in fantasy right now it is the type I usually don't enjoy no matter how well written. I also plan to read J.Z's book hoping she can get some forum love too. Plus her book is a type I usually like.

Anyhow, please look at the Kindle Daily Deals page and you'll see the price patterns I'm talking about. The Daily Deals at the top (anywhere from 3-10 or more) are all $7.99 to around $15.99. The monthly deals are not much different. I think the advice you were given was to "sell it for what it's worth". Well, from the sounds of people here you're being extremely modest pricing it at $4.99. Would you believe there are at least two books on there with SIX frigging reviews!!! SIX!!! WTF??

Anyhow, you're a good egg so may the force be with you :greyalien:, live long and prosper :stop:, and all that jazz:cool:. Peace out.

ABatch

Ran bridges next to Kaladin
I will look into another price change...I've gotta let this one sit for a while, or I'll look (more) neurotic. And I DO have to reformat the paragraphing. Apparently, it's rough on some folks.

Thanks for all the kind words and support.

Darth Tater

I just completed Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn and IMO its #2 spot on the coming of age list is well deserved!

Question. The blurb says that Simon
becomes a magician but I don't recall him doing any magic. Maybe going to the dream world?

read 'RPG' as 'rocket-propelled grenade'
well, i don't read it in any way.. but a vision comes to my mind whenever i see the title these days...
The image of the Titanic sinking (that's the level of the new RPG games) and shattering into halves (That's my expectations in regards to having a decent Turn Based RPG Game"