New years resolution

Discussion in 'Anything' started by Bierschneeman, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Ran bridges next to Kaladin

Hey buds.

I have only a couple days left to finish my new years resolution. I dont think ill make it. Years ago I had my first. I resolved to read more non work related books. I accomplished this with the help of this forum. I kept it up again, with thanks to the forum, for a few years then. 2015 I managed 10, this year I vowed twelve. I have one left, I have 500 pages of 'bonfire of the vanities' and zero free time left until 2017.

My failing I blame on not one fantasy book in all 22. (Unless you count frankenstein, or a historical fiction). My next failing was I had no time spent on BFB. Clearly a wrongdoing that needs correcting.

This year 2017. I resolve to spend more time on the forum
    I also resolve to read 12 non work books (those who remember me might remember I read a lot...but it's mostly work related.) And of those 12 two Must be fantasy. ( by strict definition.so more can be by loose definition)

• Like Like x 1
  2. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

:eek: You're back!!! I figured you'd come to an inebriated end by accidentally falling into a vat of home brew. Glad that's not the case though, welcome back! Hope to see you around more in 2017 :)

3. Tanniel

Tanniel Became a Faceless Man

Sounds like you know the cure for your resolution blues already, welcome back.

4. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

Sounds like you've got yourself a good plan.

What line of work are you in, if you don't mind me asking?

5. Bierschneeman

yup I'm back, and ready to read...
    I'm a brewer by trade silvion.
    things got busy... we were rebranding EVERYTHING... so I got caught up in that, then our 19th anniversary at work, followed by me, leaving and moving to Louisiana. I'm at a new brewery, so now in addition to doing normal duties, I am setting up all the new programs. running our new cask program (its all my baby). I have more in the market duties.

in addition to all the work stuff, my free time was spent taking vacations to places without internet. so sorry ive been gone for more than two years. but things have more or less stabilized. and I lost a few hobbies as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Silvion Night

Sounds awesome! I work with a brewery myself (although I'm not a brewer). It's definitely been a turbulent business the last couple of years, particularly in the States. I hope things will work out to the best for you guys.

7. Tanniel

Tanniel Became a Faceless Man

I thought I smelled Heineken...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Silvion Night

But... how did you know?

9. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

Hey, Bier. ALL THE STOUTS. Brew those. Please. I beg of you.

My NYR is to work hard on Book 2 of my series. And to get back in shape. I'm reyt pudgy right now.

10. Bierschneeman

Nope. This here is a lager brewery, so instead of stout we brew an schwartz bier, and instead of an imperial stout as our big rare barrel aged release, we have a fantastic Baltic porters.
    Lagers.

Also we'd have the best ipa in the state if it wasn't actually an IPL.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Silvion Night

Now I want to try it. Do you guys ship abroad?

12. Bierschneeman

No, just louisiana Arkansas and along i-20 in texas