Next Book for me to read + review

What Book by one of our local authors should I read and review?

• Waters and the Wild by Jo Zebedee

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • First, Steel Blood and Fire by Allan Batchelder

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Woven Ring by @Matticus Primal

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • The Eagle's Flight by Tanniel by daniel olesen

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

btkong

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
Ok guys, I'm starting to work on this site again after a good 6-month layoff.

I want to try and make a point of trying to read + review (and consider for some lists) one book voted by the community every 1-3 months.

I don't know if I can commit to one a month as I'm pretty busy, but I want to help out some of the authors on this board who have been here a while with free publicity/sales from the main site if I can.

Give me some nominations (I have a few ideas already with a few of the popular and frequent authors here, but I'll let you guys do the picking and the voting. I can make a poll on this thread when we get a few nominees).

Darth Tater

I second the nomination for Water and The Wild by Jo Zebedee. I enjoyed the standalone novel so much that I constantly nag her to consider writing a sequel. :D Partially because there is an unanswered question even SHE doesn't know the answer to. I'm very much looking forward to reading your review whenever she wins the nomination.

Last edited:

kenubrion

First, Steel Blood and Fire by Allan Batchelder. You're about the only person who hasn't read it. It will go to the top of your best indie list. No doubt about it.

Then one of Jo Zebedee's, either Inish Carraig or Waters and the Wild, my favorites. Or both. Her space opera is also excellent.

But seriously, Steel Blood and Fire is better than some well known epic fantasies.

Darth Tater

Wait, I'm confused. Tanniel and Alucard are one and the same person?

:D
Don't confuse me further. I'm still coming to grips with the knowledge that Alucard is Dracula spelled backwards.:confused:

The reason it caught me off guard in the first place was because in order to confirm my initial suspicions I tried holding his name up to a mirror but nothing showed up. I forgot that vampires have no reflection.:p

Darth Tater

It's her actually in my case anyway :D

This is why we need emoticons back in the forum. This thread is a madhouse and I can't express myself lol
You know, I never could figure out if you were a guy or gal. I thought you were female but later I was sure I was wrong So now with your alter ego as Tanniel I don't know what to believe. Does that make you a vamp? :p Shouldn't your name be Al Limrac instead of Al Ucard?

Peat

I see emoticons?

Anyways... I always knew that Leinnat was secretly a vampire.

But in terms of books... while seconding Jo and Matt, I also have the following to push:

The Goddess Project - Bryan Wigmore
Three Parts Dead - Max Gladstone
Angel's Truth - AJ Grimmelhaus

Also, have you read The Red Knight by Miles Cameron? If not, I think that should be on the list.

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
*puts on glasses and turns into a mild-mannered reporter* Boy that Alucard, what a gal, is she already gone, did I just miss her? What a coincidence, who-wee, so what were we talking about?

Thanks for the nominations @Noor Al-Shanti and @Matticus Primal. Having read and thoroughly enjoyed the latter's book, I'd also throw in a vote for The Woven Ring.