Next Book for me to read + review

What Book by one of our local authors should I read and review?

• Waters and the Wild by Jo Zebedee

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • First, Steel Blood and Fire by Allan Batchelder

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Woven Ring by @Matticus Primal

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • The Eagle's Flight by Tanniel by daniel olesen

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
You know, I never could figure out if you were a guy or gal. I thought you were female but later I was sure I was wrong So now with your alter ego as Tanniel I don't know what to believe. Does that make you a vamp? :p Shouldn't your name be Al Limrac instead of Al Ucard?
Carmilla?
That's a good one Darth :D
For those that don't get it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmilla

As for my name and why I went with Alucard is because I based it on an anime character, not Bram Stoker's version.
One of the forms of Alucard from Hellsing is female, so it works out just fine imo. She's in white in this image.

Only the top form is what you would consider being based on Vlad Tepes, same as Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I see emoticons?
It's bare bones at this point. This is all we have
upload_2017-11-27_11-9-51.png

And we had over 30 for sure. Plus there's no way for now to rate the post in any way except 'like'. I miss the funny button the most. Some of you guys crack me up.

As for the topic of the thread Sandman Slim by Richard Kadrey is some of the most enjoyable, high octane urban fantasy that I have read. Last book came out this year.

jo zebedee

Journeyed there and back again
Ha! How fab. But I think it would be good if authors were ruled out from voting - the temptation to vote for ourselves is too high! (I didn't! Just for the record :))

Darth Tater

Ha! How fab. But I think it would be good if authors were ruled out from voting - the temptation to vote for ourselves is too high! (I didn't! Just for the record :))
I don’t see why authors shouldn’t vote on their own work. It isn’t like you’re bragging that yours is the best.. You’re just saying you would like Ben to read it. That goes without saying. I’m certain some authors here voted for their own books. Why not? It isn’t like they are shoving it down his throat or groveling. So you need to keep up with the Joneses. Quietly place your vote.

I haven’t read any of the other books but I thought Waters was excellent and worthy of consideration. It was a haunting dark fantasy, mystery, and psychological thriller. all in one. Sooner or later Ben will get to all of them and I can guess that he’ll be proud to put your books on the Indie list if he finds them worthy. I understand that you’re humble and that is endearing.

btkong

Staff member
I'll leave the poll open another week. Based on the final order of the voting, I'll make a point to read + review the winner and que up the second place book for next month.

We'll do another poll in a few months for the rest (and new ones that pop up).