Next Book for me to read + review

What Book by one of our local authors should I read and review?

• Waters and the Wild by Jo Zebedee

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • First, Steel Blood and Fire by Allan Batchelder

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Woven Ring by @Matticus Primal

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • The Eagle's Flight by Tanniel by daniel olesen

Votes: 3 23.1%

• Total voters

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
I'll leave the poll open another week. Based on the final order of the voting, I'll make a point to read + review the winner and que up the second place book for next month.

We'll do another poll in a few months for the rest (and new ones that pop up).
Unsurprisingly, knowing how some people here feel, it’s a landslide. There are currently more people voting (7) for the probable winner then all the others combined (6). So it might be good to do a fresh ballot to hear from the majority? I guess it doesn’t matter as you’ll likely be reading them all before your next Indie list comes out.

You’re a brave soul to tread this slippery slope! As always, I take my hat off to you. :)

jo zebedee

I don’t see why authors shouldn’t vote on their own work. It isn’t like you’re bragging that yours is the best.. You’re just saying you would like Ben to read it. That goes without saying. I’m certain some authors here voted for their own books. Why not? It isn’t like they are shoving it down his throat or groveling. So you need to keep up with the Joneses. Quietly place your vote.

I haven’t read any of the other books but I thought Waters was excellent and worthy of consideration. It was a haunting dark fantasy, mystery, and psychological thriller. all in one. Sooner or later Ben will get to all of them and I can guess that he’ll be proud to put your books on the Indie list if he finds them worthy. I understand that you’re humble and that is endearing.
Would never be my style!

What I do think is that for something like this to work, long term, it's not enough just asking for votes - because that turns into an 'whichever has been read the most by members' competition (and, incidentally, I think Allan's should be the first read - he's a longstanding member, whose books are popular across the site and it would reflect that if he was reviewed on the front page - so this is not sour grapes).

Instead, a blurb might be beneficial? (And the authors should be responsible for that, this shouldn't add work for Ben.) Otherwise, how do we know what we are voting for?

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
Instead, a blurb might be beneficial? (And the authors should be responsible for that, this shouldn't add work for Ben.) Otherwise, how do we know what we are voting for?
That is easily done by simply linking to the showcase thread in the top post/poll next time around.

Darwin

I like it. An author-written blurb would make the reviews easier for Ben too, since he could basically tailor them based on his thoughts after reading.

kenubrion

Alrighty then! Let's get this show on the road! I envy you Ben. Great books.