Oathbringer - Brandon Sanderson

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Andrew.J, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Andrew.J

Andrew.J Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune

2. Ryan W. Mueller

Ryan W. Mueller Ran bridges next to Kaladin

I'm torn. On the one hand, I want to read it. On the other, I'd rather have the whole experience at once. It's only three more months. I can wait that long.

3. Bill Door

Bill Door Listens to The Unbeliever whine about life

I'll finally be reading the first two books to get ready for the 3rd book. I've read plenty of Sanderson books before, but I put this off to let a few books come out. I figure it's been long enough now with the 3rd coming out in november.

4. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

5. DieMatty

DieMatty Possibly a Darkfriend

I'm waiting for the german version. I hope it doesn't take too long and they don't make it two books like they did before.

Meanwhile I start over again with the first Books as audio-versions.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

6. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

7. rudyjuly2

rudyjuly2 Ran bridges next to Kaladin

I need to read a recap of the first two books. I fear I have forgotten too much.

I really enjoyed the first two books but I do have a couple fears. I don't want everyone to start getting powers. It cheapens it imo. I also hope for more diversity in some characters. Too many have a heart of gold. I think Brandon needs more grey or flawed characters.

I personally enjoyed Kaladin a lot although I know many found him overly depressing. Shallan was annoying to me but once she got abilities she became a lot more interesting.

8. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

9. Darwin

Darwin Journeyed there and back again

@Maark Abbott showing true colors, 3rd to respond to new Stormlight Archives. Come on now, you can tell us! Did you read it?

10. ReguIa

ReguIa Journeyed there and back again

Yea we need someone new to replace Sadeas

11. Andrew.J

Did he die? I forgot what happened to him. I forgot a lot of what's happened actually. :confused:

12. ReguIa

Adolin killed him right at the end. It was a good turn of events but I thought he added some great tension in the first two books.

13. Andrew.J

Funny. I don't remember that at all. I'll have to read some summaries before diving back into the series.

14. Darwin

Darwin Journeyed there and back again

It seems as if Adolin is being set up to be the new villain. Which is bullshit. He did what needed doing.

15. rudyjuly2

I think Adolin did fine too. And I liked that he was a little darker in dong that. I don't see him as a new villain but maybe someone more grey. Szeth might be that guy. I think Ashonai maybe one too? I can't remember the name of that group of people.

16. Ryan W. Mueller

I'd like to see more of Nale/Nalan/Darkness. I think that's all the names for him. He's an interesting character.

17. rudyjuly2

Ryan, I can't even remember that character lol. I need to read a recap!

Also, since we are talking about book 3 in a dedicated book 3 thread, do we really need all the spoilers?

18. ReguIa

I guess not. Full spoiler thread then;)

I'm super excited to learn about the Nightwatcher, and hopefully more about Zahel too. Hm there's just too much story in here and so long since I read Words of Radiance. These ''Unmade'' have also been mentioned several times in the first two books, time to get on with that maybe?

19. Ryan W. Mueller

He shows up in the interlude with Lift (and again in the novella Edgedancer, also with Lift).

Here's a link to information about him: https://coppermind.net/wiki/Nale

20. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

After the back-alley clothes hanger that was the first one, ew, no.