Opinions on Laurell K Hamilton?

Jon Snow

No Power in the Verse can stop me
Staff member
Had a friend recommend me her books. She says they are better than True Blood. but that doesn't mean much because I've heard the True Blood books being really bad

Jon Snow

Staff member

Jon Snow

Staff member
If you don't mind repetitiveness, incosistancies and ex machina then 3-4 books aren't that bad, later ones are.
I haven't written a negative review in a while. So maybe I'll read the first book and give it a good thrashing =P

Jon Snow

Staff member
Do you secretly belong to a fantasy reading Opus Dei-type sect? Self harming by reading crap is not good for the soul!!! Looking forward to your write up though.
Yeah, a newish friend recommended it to me. I should have known better...she's only read Feist and Mistborn...never read First Law, ASOIAF, Gentlemen bastards, Gemmell etc

I'm still thinking of how I should do the write up. Bash it without spoilers or Spoil it because I can Bash it better if I spoil stuff.

Antoxx

Journeyed there and back again
Yeah, a newish friend recommended it to me. I should have known better...she's only read Feist and Mistborn...never read First Law, ASOIAF, Gentlemen bastards, Gemmell etc

I'm still thinking of how I should do the write up. Bash it without spoilers or Spoil it because I can Bash it better if I spoil stuff.
Maybe you should be more discerning with your friends. ;) Tough one though, bash it with non-spoiling excerpts possibly? Or do intro piece which provides enough info for readers to understand why the book is so poor before introducing spoilers? Won't matter for me as the closest I'll ever come to reading it will be your review.

Jon Snow

Staff member
Maybe you should be more discerning with your friends. ;) Tough one though, bash it with non-spoiling excerpts possibly? Or do intro piece which provides enough info for readers to understand why the book is so poor before introducing spoilers? Won't matter for me as the closest I'll ever come to reading it will be your review.
I mean it's pretty bad, so I don't want people to read it, so spoilers should be fine, but I also don't want to insult the people reading my review and they can make up their own mind. So yeah probably no spoilers. Maybe I can post the spoiler version here =)

Antoxx

Journeyed there and back again
I mean it's pretty bad, so I don't want people to read it, so spoilers should be fine, but I also don't want to insult the people reading my review and they can make up their own mind. So yeah probably no spoilers. Maybe I can post the spoiler version here =)
Important you don't put off potential readers, so blog version should be relatively clean - don't be too tame though your style of reviewing is what brings them their in the first place. Would be disappointed if you didn't post the unabridged version here though!

Jon Snow

Staff member
My fangs are already sharp Jon, we'll rip your review to pieces. ;d
LOL I'm looking forward to writing it. Should be interesting. Probably won't be done until next week though

Jon Snow

Staff member
That's right....HAHAHA Jon is so scared he's shaking..........with screaming laughter.
Yeah, that's what I'm doing when I'm reading this book