Ordering used books from Amazon

Derk of Derkholm

Journeyed there and back again
One thing that I like about Amazon is that it seems they have been bringing a lot of out-of-print books out as Kindle eBooks (e.g. some 50's Science Fiction books).

Seems like a no-brainer to me, anyway.

Best regards,
Andy

Darth Tater

I've bought used books from Amazon on two occasions.

The hardcover book was $30.00 new and I got it used for $12.00. It was listed as " like new" condition but it was actually what I would consider "very good" condition. I was still pleased anyhow.

The Paperback was $13.00 new but $4.00 used. It was listed as " very good" condition but it was actually not even " "good". I would call it " fair". I was not pleased with that one.

I should mention that the " like new" book was on the cheaper end of books in that category. Same with the " very good" book.

Hand of Fear

That's something I'm always weary of if I buy second hand things, I tend to be a bit OCD with looking after things I buy. So not everyone will have the same of view of what 'like new' is ect.

Darth Tater

That's something I'm always weary of if I buy second hand things, I tend to be a bit OCD with looking after things I buy. So not everyone will have the same of view of what 'like new' is ect.

Funny. Me too. (OCD). But it doesn't make sense with books because I don't normally keep them after I'm done anyhow. They've still got to be new though and those two used ones were exceptions.

I won't do it again. :sour: