PC Peter Grant wants YOU to read The Hanging Tree

Laurentius

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys and gals.

It's that time again, and the almighty D and tenacious L wants you to join for another bookclub.
In case you were wondering, it's gonna start around June 16th (or whenever you can get your hand on the book).

The book we're gonna be reading is the following: The Hanging Tree by Ben Aaronovitch
It's the 6th book in his PC Peter Grant series, which is a pretty awesome urban fantasy series, taking place in London.

The series is the british Dresden Files, written by a pretty dope dude, who's written episodes for the BBC series Dr. Who as well. If you haven't already, take a go at the first book and get hooked on the series before june 16th.

We havent discussed how we're gonna go about it, if we split it up into sections, or whatever, but as the time draws nearer, we'll figure out how to do it. And if we're doing good, I'll make a write up of our bookclub, for the blog. If you haven't done a bookclub before, now's your chance. It's fun and cool!

@Danica and everyone else who's read the books and/or is interested in joining. Put up your name, and I'll make a list of who wants to join.

Participating:
@Danica
@Laurentius
@Sneaky Burrito
@jo zebedee
@George

Last edited:

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I'm in. Lotta down time at work lately (prime Kindle reading time) and I am caught up with the series so far.

jo zebedee

Journeyed there and back again
I have it on order in the library already - if it gets here in time (and it should, I think) I'm in. I've loved the first five books of the series (although book 2 was a bit ropey in places.)

Derk of Derkholm

Sounds great, but I am hopelessly behind in my TBR pile.
"The Spider's War", "Burned" and now this. And I don't have much time anyway. Wish you all the fun with the book, am sure it will be a great read....

kenubrion

I bought Midnight Riot last month or so when it was $0.99 just to buy something (guess my wife's right about that after all), without any intention of reading it. Now that I've read the blurb and reviews, and the amazing support it gets here, I'll probably read it someday

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
change someday to today and get in on the fun @kenubrion!

Haven't you heard the saying "Don't put off to tomorrow what you can do do today' or whatever it is! I always get caught out with not wanting to do domestic things on Sat and then finding out I can't do them on Sunday. So save yourself the disappointment of not joining in our awesome book club and read them all now!!

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
In other news, amazon.com says I can get my book on August 26th. As I am sure you are aware this does not work for me. Anyone off the top of their head want to tell me how/where I can get this book quicker?

kenubrion

change someday to today and get in on the fun @kenubrion!

Haven't you heard the saying "Don't put off to tomorrow what you can do do today' or whatever it is! I always get caught out with not wanting to do domestic things on Sat and then finding out I can't do them on Sunday. So save yourself the disappointment of not joining in our awesome book club and read them all now!!
OK, I'll do that.