Pets

João Ribeiro

Journeyed there and back again
Hi all!

So we know that @Sneaky Burrito has some seriously regal cats so I'm curious, does anyone else have beloved non-human counterparts?

Here is mine. He's a 5 year old German Sheppard Siberian Husky mix we rescued from a shelter when he was a month old.

Used to fit in half a shoe box, now he's approximately 30Kgs (around 60 pounds).

Meet Skype!

Pup:

Youngster

And now

Now show off your buddies :)

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I am so going to fill this thread up with photos when I get home...

Thanks for sharing, @João Ribeiro

Nighteyes

Listens to The Unbeliever whine about life
@Sneaky Burrito I bet I have more pet pics than you ;)

I a little while, I will post pictures, but for now here is what I have...

1 shih tzu
2 pomeranians
1 mentally deficient german shepherd
1 french lop bunny bunny
1 miniature horse

No cats, but we have ferals that come visit us from time to time.

and I have a 4 year old human haha.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
@Sneaky Burrito I bet I have more pet pics than you ;)

I a little while, I will post pictures, but for now here is what I have...

1 shih tzu
2 pomeranians
1 mentally deficient german shepherd
1 french lop bunny bunny
1 miniature horse

No cats, but we have ferals that come visit us from time to time.

and I have a 4 year old human haha.
Upping the ante, huh? Well, I will have to post a bunch of YouTube videos to go with the pictures.

(Seriously, I couldn't handle four dogs. One Rottie is enough for me.)

Nighteyes

Listens to The Unbeliever whine about life
In reality one of the pomeranians actually belongs to my mother in law. So technically I only have 3 dogs haha

João Ribeiro

You should see him in a I'm guarding the house and my owner's wife mode. Not so adorable.

I told him once when I was going away on work for a week to guard my wife and from that day forth he is relentless guarding her. And now that she is pregnant he's like a shadow behind her.

Apart from that he's just a big baby that want loads and loads of petting and treats. He'll do anything for treats from us but not from strangers, friends or even trainers.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
OK. I apologize in advance for the length of this post. :)

First we have Mr. Kitty, who is approximately 9 years old (adopted from a shelter as a kitten):

Then we have Monkey, who is ?? years old (found him outside the front door one day):

Then we have Madison, who is 6 years old (got him as a kitten; his mother was feral):

And of course there's SNEAKY, approximately age 5 (she just walked in my back door one night like she owned the place):

Here's a group photo:

upload_2013-10-21_18-17-16.png

Here's my dog, who turns 1 on Wednesday. According to the American Kennel Club, her name is "Daenerys von der Spencberg" but that's because the breeder wanted a "D" name. I call her Nyx. She's a purebred Rottweiler weighing in at a little over 80 pounds (with a bit more growing to do; these photos are a bit old). Her hobbies include eating foreign objects and trying to fit two tennis balls in her mouth.

upload_2013-10-21_18-21-39.png upload_2013-10-21_18-22-18.png upload_2013-10-21_18-22-31.png

Here are my two most popular cat videos on YouTube:

And here is a bonus video of my old dog (Jet; she died on December 1, 2012) licking a lemon:

OK, that's enough from me!

Attachments

Obscenic

Told lies with Locke
My landlady wants an extra $400 per year, per pet, plus a $400 deposit. Otherwise I would definitely have a dog and a cat.

I've had some beloved pets in the past, but now I have to shower affection on my neighbor's cats when they come around or when I go to visit.

Because of the stupid rules, I did catch a preying mantis and put it into a huge cage (more like a bug terrarium) I bought at the pet store. It was nice because besides crickets, it was always willing to mercilessly destroy and consume the hobo spiders I caught around the house. I named him Barrabus.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
My landlady wants an extra $400 per year, per pet, plus a $400 deposit. Otherwise I would definitely have a dog and a cat.
I had to buy a place (thankfully my parents gave me a down payment) because no one will rent to you when you have a Rottweiler, and I had a Rottweiler when I moved here. I am SO breaking the condo association rules by having this many pets (also have a tortoise and 11 small birds -- just finches, cockatiels, and parakeets). But since I own the place, no one can come in.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
All your cats are cute, but I love Sneaky's markings, she's beautiful. I always had a liking for calico cats :)

I plan to get a cat in a 6 month or so when I get back home.
I always liked how Sneaky has front legs with two different colors -- white paws on both, but one black leg and one orange tabby leg. And when she closes her eyes, it looks like she got into the eyeliner and botched it. (If any of these guys are plotting to kill me, though, it's Sneaky. The dog would be devastated without me.)

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
If any of these guys are plotting to kill me, though, it's Sneaky. The dog would be devastated without me.
Haha, maybe she's imagining you as that straw. Sorry to say but the dog would be next xD

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Haha, maybe she's imagining you as that straw. Sorry to say but the dog would be next xD
Oh, she HATES the dog with a passion. Reacts in a way she never did with my old dog.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Oh, she HATES the dog with a passion. Reacts in a way she never did with my old dog.
good work on managing them all then. so many animals of different species...it must be hard to keep the peace in the house with birds, dog and cats.

Aikura

Became a Faceless Man
I live in an apartment, so pets are pretty much out of the question. But, there are fourteen cats in the neighbourhood, all of whom are known to me. Sure, I get weird looks from the owners when I pace out front of their houses, looking for their cats. But that's okay, I just glare back at them. :shifty:

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I live in an apartment, so pets are pretty much out of the question. But, there are fourteen cats in the neighbourhood, all of whom are known to me. Sure, I get weird looks from the owners when I pace out front of their houses, looking for their cats. But that's okay, I just glare back at them. :shifty:
I live in a 2-bedroom condo with all of these animals. I can't leave the house without a layer of cat hair on my clothes. (I gave up trying to get it off a long time ago. It's in the car, too, though it still hasn't invaded my office yet.)

Obscenic

Told lies with Locke
I had to buy a place (thankfully my parents gave me a down payment) because no one will rent to you when you have a Rottweiler, and I had a Rottweiler when I moved here. I am SO breaking the condo association rules by having this many pets (also have a tortoise and 11 small birds -- just finches, cockatiels, and parakeets). But since I own the place, no one can come in.
Good on ya for breaking those silly rules. I've had to deal with my share of ridiculous association rules.

"Hey! You can't cover that firewood with a tarp, especially a blue one! I don't care that there's no deck to store it under, no shed, and that the garage just barely fits your car. Your firewood's just gonna have to get wet!"

It's a shame the bad reputation some dogs have. I've always liked rottweilers, despite the stories (unfounded, I'm sure) I hear about the mothers eating all of their puppies and suddenly acquiring a taste for man flesh.

In the UK it's illegal to even own a

Pit Bull Terrier
Japanese Tosa
Dogo Argentino
Fila Braziliaro

My neighbor has a pit bull and though it's extremely energetic and excitable, it's gentle as a lamb, especially with kids.

Hand of Fear

http://listverse.com/2011/08/23/top-10-banned-dog-breeds/

The article above lists the top ten banned dogs, I haven't read all of it but a lot of the dogs on there were bred as fighting dogs and that's maybe why they are classed as nasty dogs. I've had this discussions a few times with friends/family, and I do think that some dogs have more of tendency to/can be more aggressive than others especially if it has been bred into them.

Any dog can turn nasty, and it also depends how it has been treated.