Pets

Sir Arthur

Journeyed there and back again
I've had two Pit bulls. Both rescue dogs, and both gentle, friendly, and well behaved. I still have one, she is almost 10, and submits to cats. My 2 year old daughter loves her, and climbs all over her, as only a 2 year old can.
My male, who passed away a few years ago was 75 pounds, dark brindle, and scared people that are afraid of dogs. He changed alot of opinions in his 14 years. I would have let him loose in a daycare. He was by far the best dog I ever owned.

Dogs are just dogs. Dog owners however. People should need a permit to own any dog, and be required to take training classes. I hate breed bans. Perhaps certan breeds should not be allowed for first time owners. Also I believe, people should be held accountable for the actions of their dogs. If your dog attacks somebody, you get charged with assault.

Also as I always say. If your lab bites someone, it will be settled between the two of you, if your pit bull bites someone, it will be on the front page of the paper.

João Ribeiro

Hi @Sneaky Burrito Monkey is absolutely gorgeous :)
Mr. Kitty reminds me of my last cat who passed away last year after 17 fun filled years with us!

Any dog can turn nasty, and it also depends how it has been treated.
And in the same reasoning any dog can behave and be a dear with the proper care and guidance ;)

@Sir Arthur I couldn't agree more. Actually there is a nice statistic at least here in Portugal where the breed that bites more humans are the lovely and cute Cocker Spaniel. Nobody minds them because they are small and cute.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
No pets currently. I had a budgie, Saffron, had to have her put down last year, bless her little cotton socks :-(

Thinking of getting a dog when my new house is built .. possibly a Daschund or a Beagle, not decided yet ..

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Hi @Sneaky Burrito Monkey is absolutely gorgeous :)
Mr. Kitty reminds me of my last cat who passed away last year after 17 fun filled years with us!
Thanks. I can only hope Mr. Kitty lives that long. He has inflammatory bowel disease and is on daily medication. Right now he is OK, but the medication can sometimes lead to diabetes, plus it makes him immune-suppressed and susceptible to infections. We just take it one day at a time.

João Ribeiro

Thinking of getting a dog when my new house is built .. possibly a Daschund or a Beagle, not decided yet ..
Beagles are so much fun because they are so active but they vocalize a bit too much for my taste. They can produce around 100 different barks!
Personally I prefer bigger dogs. So if I ever get the clearance from the wife to get another dog it's either a German Sheppard (her favorites) or a Great Dane (my favorite).

AyameMajikku

Stood on the wall with Druss
Also as I always say. If your lab bites someone, it will be settled between the two of you, if your pit bull bites someone, it will be on the front page of the paper.
^^' Very true... When my sister and I were young, we were at a babysitter's house, and the black lab there bit her pretty bad... That's the whole reason we got dogs, though, since we were a cat family before--so that she wouldn't grow up scared of them. We started with an Irish Setter named Charlie, who was such a great, friendly dog. He even had a cat at one point that followed him home. :D

Many years and many pets later--including horses on a ranch we used to live at--and we only have one dog left now... and she's quite old. ^^' Poor girl can't really hear. I can't really get to any pictures of her right now, so I'll post some later.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks. I can only hope Mr. Kitty lives that long. He has inflammatory bowel disease and is on daily medication. Right now he is OK, but the medication can sometimes lead to diabetes, plus it makes him immune-suppressed and susceptible to infections. We just take it one day at a time.
Mr Kitty has the same medical condition as me!

João Ribeiro

One thing I would like to get back to is aquascaping but since I sold my aquarium I don't really feel like spending €400 on a new one. But I do miss creating underwater sets and let my fishy fishy breathe and breed :D

Bierschneeman

I have two budgies (we lost the third christmas eve last year)
one yellow winged parakeet (not to be confused with budgies you see in pet stores, this ones parrot like)
one pueblan Milk Snake
and we just lost our rainbow skink, he was very old.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member

:D

Had to do it :}
I adopted my very own tuxedo kitten! :3 I wanted to get a cat when I got back from abroad and now I've got it. It's 8-10 weeks old, I think it's male. I'm not sure, determining a gender in kittens is hard. I'm a first time cat owner so here's a few pictures.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member

:D

Had to do it :}
I adopted my very own tuxedo kitten! :3 I wanted to get a cat when I got back from abroad and now I've got it. It's 8-10 weeks old, I think it's male. I'm not sure, determining a gender in kittens is hard. I'm a first time cat owner so here's a few pictures.

He's very cute. I had an 8-week-old male cat some years ago (2007) and it was rather obvious that he was male, though...(Madison, the black one from my picture way earlier in the thread).

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
He's very cute. I had an 8-week-old male cat some years ago (2007) and it was rather obvious that he was male, though...(Madison, the black one from my picture way earlier in the thread).
Thanks. Chalk it up to my inexperience, but I looked at some pictures (the guys at google must have been chuckling :p) and both male and female parts look kinda similar. It's hard to tell for me, so no name yet until we know for sure.

Aaahhhh so cute! I want one! :)
You'll have a baby soon. Enough to keep you busy :p

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I've got a male Shetland Sheepdog, and his favorite chew toy, also known as a female tabby cat.
If you go back to page 1, you'll see my dog (now 95 pounds) and my four cats. Don't be fooled. While my dog engages in a little overenthusiastic cat-butt-sniffing every now and then, she knows to be properly afraid of kitty claws!

sopranosfan

If you go back to page 1, you'll see my dog (now 95 pounds) and my four cats. Don't be fooled. While my dog engages in a little overenthusiastic cat-butt-sniffing every now and then, she knows to be properly afraid of kitty claws!
My cat is declawed, got her from the pound that way. She smacks him hard enough we hear his jaws smacking but it doesn't faze him. She can kick hard with her back claws but she doesn't do it to him for some reason. The look on her face when she is slobbered up is quite funny though. You can see her hate for everybody in the house.