Photography

Sandman

Has been in the eye of the world
Hello gang,

this is an odd topic for a forum such as ours but I trust your opinions so here I am. I'm starting to get into photography and since my 8th grade daughter was just selected to play on the high school volleyball team I want to take good photos of her and the team. I don't have any experience with photo-editing software although I have previously used an image editor called FastStone to make simple alterations to photos like red-eye reduction.

Now I want to delve deeper and do more. So, do any of you use this program and can you explain to me how to do things like collages or calendars? What I would like to do is create a collage of each of the players and give them a framed collage at the end of the season. And I would like to create a photo with a team picture on the top with a schedule/calendar below the picture and hand out to the parents.

However being a noob is there a way to create a template where I can just drag & drop pictures into the pre-formatted template and then hit save and voila we now have a collage or is that just too simple to be done?

Any help is appreciated.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is going off on a right tangent, but just wanted to say it's things like this that makes me love this forum so much. Where else can you go to discuss the crème de la crème of fantasy literature, with a sprinkling of Sci-Fi, and then a couple of clicks away are discussions about photography, beer, the world cup, music taste, and 'This is Asian Butterfly Seeks Readership'. It's brilliant :)

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
ps. sorry can't help on the photography front; sure someone will be able to assist though!