Phrases with secondary meanings that trigger something for you.

Darwin

Journeyed there and back again
"He took a larger bite and munched on it without relish." --The Blade Itself

So what'd he use, ketchup? Mayo? Mustard? I can't see the phrases "with/without relish" without chuckling at the image in my head.

Am I just weird, or do you do this to? What are the phrases that distract you for whatever reason?

Maark Abbott

"Hood's hoary balls on an anvil!"

- Colourful curse
- Masturbation analogy

Diziet Sma

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
"Hood's hoary balls on an anvil!"

- Colourful curse
- Masturbation analogy
You know, despite the fact of considering myself fluent in English, every time I read your posts it takes me, on good a day, a while to decode them. As they say, there is always room for learning. This one is definitely colorful...

Maark Abbott

You know, despite the fact of considering myself fluent in English, every time I read your posts it takes me, on good a day, a while to decode them. As they say, there is always room for learning. This one is definitely colorful...
*poses in JoJo*

Bierschneeman

Per se (spelling) used to piss me off. I liked that word and would use it rarely with relish (ha) then when I got to college, every douchey hipster who wanted to show off (all of them) would use it as often as they could. More than 50% of the time incorrectly.

I haven't used that word in over a decade now because of this...i still hate it. But it doesn't piss me off anymore

Ohh and yes I realize that doesn't fit your question. I'm thinking of one

Bierschneeman

Various slang based on misused words.

Example bae is a new one all the kids are using to mean beau, or gf/bf. Cherished one. But its spelled and pronounced like a word for poo.

you can babelfish it to a word closer to fecal matter so These kids won't believe it when corrected.

And everytime they say bae, I try hard not to think of excrement. And fail.

Maark Abbott