Please help me findnntasy from these horro and sci/fant from 80's 90's Thanks

Martin1321

Possibly a Darkfriend
Dear fellow readers I am looking for any and all help I can get finding the names/authors of the below two books from the 80’s/90’s. I have described them the best I could with this faulty memory. Thank you very much for your help! Martin
1. This is a sci-fi/fantasy novel from the possible 1980’s. On the cover had a man in a space suit looking surprised at what I remember as a dwarf. The story was about how earth had something go wrong and the people left. When they came back they discovered those that stayed developed magical powers.
2. This is a horror novel from the 80’s? 90? A mercenary/soldier for higher is sought out by an old man to track down a vampire. The man is actually the brother of the vampire now in old age. The mercenary is one tough guy. Hope this helps.

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
Dear fellow readers I am looking for any and all help I can get finding the names/authors of the below two books from the 80’s/90’s. I have described them the best I could with this faulty memory. Thank you very much for your help! Martin
1. This is a sci-fi/fantasy novel from the possible 1980’s. On the cover had a man in a space suit looking surprised at what I remember as a dwarf. The story was about how earth had something go wrong and the people left. When they came back they discovered those that stayed developed magical powers.
2. This is a horror novel from the 80’s? 90? A mercenary/soldier for higher is sought out by an old man to track down a vampire. The man is actually the brother of the vampire now in old age. The mercenary is one tough guy. Hope this helps.
Martin, there are some guys on the Amazon sci-fi forum who get these queries or long lost stuff answered all the time. Here's the link and go ahead and ask about both books there also.

http://www.amazon.com/forum/science fiction/ref=cm_cd_t_rvt?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=FxWK0QNW07Z4M7

TANSTAAFL

Killed in the battle against the Mad King

Darn it! I've SEEN that cover from #1. If I actually read it, the title may float up over the next few days . . . The only thing that's coming to my mind is the name Wahlberg, but a quick Google search didn't turn up any promising leads :-(