Post one hit wonders

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I struggled with this the other day. Go to the YouTube page for the video. Then scroll down to under the video where it has sharing options. Don't pick the "embed" link. Pick the general sharing link. Then here on BFB, choose the embed media icon above the posting area (looks like little filmstrips) and paste the YouTube sharing URL.

kenubrion

Journeyed there and back again
I struggled with this the other day. Go to the YouTube page for the video. Then scroll down to under the video where it has sharing options. Don't pick the "embed" link. Pick the general sharing link. Then here on BFB, choose the embed media icon above the posting area (looks like little filmstrips) and paste the YouTube sharing URL.
Thanks for trying Sneaky. I don't get a sharing option just the icons for facebook, etc.

kenubrion

In any event, you need to hear this, and not on your computer. Buy it from iTunes for 99c and TURN IT UP on your real sound system or earphones.

Stars by HUM.

Last edited:

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I have no clue why this won't embed as media.
It wont embed because you're posting a link for bing search engine, not youtube.

When you search for a video open www.youtube.com and search there directly, then copy the url of the video directly from your browser (you don't need to bother with share options) and click this icon upload_2017-4-17_18-17-11.png , copy paste your link and you're set.

I edited your and Bierschneeman's post for easier access.

kenubrion

You are so incredible

Really, you have to crank it to appreciate the driving bass

One of the reviewers: "how the hell did I never hear these guys in my whole 18 years of life? God damn it this changes everything..."

Yes. Yes it does. At 50 more years of life than you. It is clearly one of the best songs ever recorded. And that was it for them, to satisfy the requirement of the thread.

Last edited:

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Heard this song on the radio a few times, and I apologise now but I never knew who sang it etc. Also turns out it's a one hit wonder, enjoy all !!
That's an awesome song man! It's one of those songs you sometimes hear on the radio and then you are planning on looking it up at home, but then you forget all about it until you hear it again. Got it favorited now. :)

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's an awesome song man! It's one of those songs you sometimes hear on the radio and then you are planning on looking it up at home, but then you forget all about it until you hear it again. Got it favorited now. :)
I didn't know it until I got to the chorus! Good choice HoF

Derk of Derkholm

Derk of Derkholm

Some that come to my mind, from my youth (when I was actually old enough to be able to listen to songs and appreciate them :))...

And a bit later....

I am not sure whether this qualifies as One-Hit-Wonder, as Bolland and Bolland were actually accomplished musicians who wrote a number of hits for other artists ...

Last edited:

Derk of Derkholm

As there is a limitation to post no more than 5 media pieces per post, here we continue...

This is a great compilation for the 80's, well worth watching :)

(Dis)Honourable mention!!!!

Last edited:

Alucard

Staff member
Great song @Hand of Fear
I never heard it before, but it's cool.

Did you hear their Xmas single, Don't Let The Bells End?
I did now. It's lovely. I like his voice and melodies in general but this song is on point (as youngsters say :) )

Most of his songs are thought evoking, not like his New Shoes single. Check out this one for example:
Well look at that, he can actually sing. I couldn't tell from new shoes single.

Alucard, were you even born in 1982 ??? :wideyed:
No, I came to this world 1 year later.
But it's not like they play '82s songs only in '82 lol. Come on Eileen was all over TV even in early 90s.

Here's one from mid '90s

Last edited:

Alucard

Staff member
Guys, I made a spotify list for the thread. There's already over 2 hours of music. I found every song except for Harvey Danger - Flagpole Sitta. I guess it's too alternative for even spotify lol. Sorry @Sneaky Burrito
And I didn't add your top 10 cheesiest one hit wonders of 80s Andy @Derk of Derkholm I would rather go with single videos.

I'll keep adding the songs as you guys post them. You can download spotify and use it for free. I use it on my desktop, but they also have mobile apps. Or you can just play it in the browser once you register.
Here's the link: https://open.spotify.com/user/*alucard*/playlist/0BsaOSaQJGaLyb8P3JycHd

Khartun

Wow @Derk of Derkholm those are deep ones. I've never heard of any of them except the Cotton Eye Joe one. Well, I've heard all of the ones in the 80's compilation. Good stuff.

Last edited:

Derk of Derkholm

Wow @Derk of Derkholm those are deep ones. I've never heard of any of them except the Cotton Eye Joe one.
Ah, quite possible that those were famous with their single hit only in Europe, and did not even make it any further....

I'll try to think of some more!

And I didn't add your top 10 cheesiest one hit wonders of 80s Andy @Derk of Derkholm I would rather go with single videos.
I understand that!

However ... listening to the 80's compilation brought tears of joy (ok, possibly they were just normal tears of laughter) to my face ... so please add that one ... Safety Dance by Men Without Hats ! Yay! Had already forgotten about that one.

Does Boy George fit in here?

And what about Cyndi Lauper?

And now, for the Grand Prize!!!!

(Possibly few here know that one. I once read that Germany was the only country where David Hasselhoff's "Knight Rider" TV series was really successful, to the extent that they kept on making new episodes only for the German market, when the series had already been canceled in most other countries)

Last edited:

Derk of Derkholm

I must warn you, I have quite a few more ideas....

For example, that was the other single my sister was listening to all the time, in addition to "Looking for Freedom".
Lucky for me, he also remained a one-hit-wonder (as singer, not as actor)

Or this gem ...

And the newer ones...

Derk of Derkholm

OK, and now for my possibly final posting here (but then, never say never ...)