Post one hit wonders

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I think all are one hit wonders except Cindy Lauper and Culture Club which I won't be adding to the list. They had many hits.
Thank you for Lambada....dear god last time I heard it was when I was 6-7.

Also unrelated but I often confuse Men Without Hats with Men at Work lol

Edit:
Added all the one hit wonders in the thread so far.
I've also linked the list in the first post, so you can always access it without searching the thread.

Last edited:

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ooh ooh ooh ... I just thought of another absolute gem! Wait for it ...

Heeeeyyyyyyy Mona, Oooooooh Mona

Tune! :)

Alucard

Staff member
Here are the two songs I loved as a teen, but never heard anything from them again.

And one from one sexy Italian. All the girls, myself included, in my highschool were mesmerized by him lol
It's in Italian (version I prefer and that was originally a hit, but there's an English version that came out later as well). It reminds me of Savage Garden a lot..

Special mention to a Scottish band I just remembered. I listened to them a lot in the 90s. They had more than one hit but this one is my favorite.

Matticus Primal

Journeyed there and back again
That Lisa Loeb one ... haven't heard that in years! Great one hit wonder :)
She, Deep Blue Something, and Fastball are/ were all from my home state of Texas, so we heard a lot more of their songs, along with the Toadies and their hit Possum Kingdom.

PS, the guys of Deep Blue Something invested their money in a studio and produced the Drowning Pool hit Let the Bodies Hit the Floor, which also probably belongs on this list.

Derk of Derkholm

Alucard

Staff member
I can honestly say I've never heard that song before outside of samples from DJd. Only made it to the :53 mark before I turned it off.
How old were you when it came out in 2000?
It's a generational thing I think. For example I can't tell you a single hit from 2016 or 2015, but back then I knew the entire schedule of MTV and VH1.

Matticus Primal

How old were you when it came out in 2000?
It's a generational thing I think. For example I can't tell you a single hit from 2016 or 2015, but back then I knew the entire schedule of MTV and VH1.
Edit: Wow was my math wrong. I was in my early 20s and had just come back from a year abroad in England, so there's no good reason I haven't heard this song. Perhaps selective memory?

Original answer: In my early 30s without having listened to the radio or MTV in probably ten years. So yeah, probably generational since I could talk your ear off about anything that came out in my heyday of the 90s.

Alucard

Staff member
In my early 30s without having listened to the radio or MTV in probably ten years. So yeah, probably generational since I could talk your ear off about anything that came out in my heyday of the 90s.
Yeah I'm in my early 30s now and same thing. The music I listen to is from 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s. I don't know what has been happening after 2005.

Matticus Primal

Yeah I'm in my early 30s now and same thing. The music I listen to is from 70s, 80s, 90s and early 2000s. I don't know what has been happening after 2005.
Yes and no. I still listen to a lot of new music (Elbow's latest has been on repeat for a few weeks now), it's just that I haven't listened to anything mainstream in that time. So I know who all pop stars are these days, but couldn't pick out their songs. Except for some crap my wife introduced me to last night. I still don't know what an Ed Sheeran is. I just know it needs to be killed with fire.

Alucard

Staff member
I still don't know what an Ed Sheeran is. I just know it needs to be killed with fire.
Lol. I've seen his pictures, but never heard a single song from him.

Well 80s are my favorite decade so here's one hit from it in line with the thread

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Seriously though Matticus, you're telling me you had never even heard of Ed Sheeran? The guy has been ubiquitous for the past 5-6 years.