Post one hit wonders

Derk of Derkholm

Journeyed there and back again
I was hoping never to have the misfortune of being faced with this ghastly song ever, ever again.
I understand that you, being English, would prefer something like this?

(For whatever reason, I was thinking that these two would have been popular at about the same time, but that one was actually already four years earlier)

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I understand that you, being English, would prefer something like this?

(For whatever reason, I was thinking that these two would have been popular at about the same time, but that one was actually already four years earlier)
What a classic!!

Not sure if this would classify as a one hit wonder though. Baddiel & Skinner are tv comedians (still going strong!) and have not recorded a song since (as far as I'm aware).

Derk of Derkholm

I vividly remember that a German talkshow host played that song after the soccer game Germany-England on 26 June 1996 ...:cool:
(Possibly wrongly, as the English team did not have a very far trip to get back home)

Matticus Primal

Seriously though Matticus, you're telling me you had never even heard of Ed Sheeran? The guy has been ubiquitous for the past 5-6 years.
Honestly, I haven't listened to anything but news or hard country radio (not the modern Nashville crap) on the radio in 15+ years, so most of the pop stuff gets past me. Yeah, I know who Lady Gaga/ Lord are, and can even recognize a few of their songs (I apparently HATE Drake but never recognize his mumblemouth rap style until after I declare it the worst thing since the black plague), but Ed Sheeran somehow escaped me.

Oddly enough, I do visually recognize him as that weird ginger kid. But mainly because my sister in law maintains her son looks like him. But I didn't know him by name. Rather that weird ginger kid.