Premier League

Sandman

Has been in the eye of the world
I never thought there'd be much interest in a soccer/football thread but having found the World Cup thread today I stand corrected. Due to that interest I hope perhaps there would be interest in a thread on the Barclay's Premier League as well.

My favorite team is Manchester United (Rooney and van Persie) and I'd say Everton is 2nd mostly due to Tim Howard. I also like Tottenham (how can you NOT like a team named "Totten" ham) and West Brom (boing boing).

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I never thought there'd be much interest in a soccer/football thread
I've been a season ticket holder at Nottingham Forest for 28 years! After we get promoted this season (!!), the Premier League will be a much better place!

Not sure there'll be mass interest regarding this thread on here though. I'll chip in from time to time though :)

Aston Villa backer here. I'm stateside but a close friend who l served in the military w/ was born & raised in Birmingham, he got me into the EPL

@FINATIC_95Bravo PSN: ZANIAC-

Laurentius

Super Moderator
Staff member
Liverpool football club for me.

Been a fan since late 90 's, when i was 12-13 years old. Saw a england vs someone with this brilliant football genius Steve McManaman. Never looked back. Discovered the curly haired god played for Liverpool. Been a stout supporter ever since.

Ynwa

Sandman

When I first started watching, Liverpool was one of the ones I was interested in..................and then there was Suarez.

Completely turned me against Liverpool.

Laurentius

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not exactly Premier League material anymore, but I just saw:
for the first time.

He is the danish Zlatan, without the talent, with twice the selfconfidence. That interview is funny as hell though.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Liverpool to sign Balotelli?? Would be good to see him back in the Prem! He's such a petulant dick, but I like him!

Laurentius

Super Moderator
Staff member
Liverpool to sign Balotelli
Out with one dick, in with another. I had high hopes we would play Sturridge up top as first choice this season. I really want to see Sturridge for an entire season as first pick, with support from Brendan Rogers. I really like the kid and hoped he could be something great. It's a bet though. He is not worldclass, but I think Sturridge shows great promise.

But at the rumoured price, Balo is a steal for sure.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Sturidge will still get plenty of game time... but with Balotelli in the fold there's some cracking competition for places! Stirling and Lambert too... think Lpool will be okay in that department ☺

Sandman

What is it with Liverpool? Suarez and now Balotelli??? Can't stand either one of them. At least Balotelli doesn't bite people ..........

Sandman

Speaking of Liverpool............ I read something a little while back and I'll try to paraphrase it here.

Apparently many of the BPL teams have stores to sell their merchandise. Everton named their store Everton One. And there is a mall in Liverpool named Liverpool One.
Everton opened a second team store in the Liverpool mall which they obviously named Everton Two.

So, if you give someone the address of the store you would tell them to go to Everton Two Liverpool One.

I laughed and laughed............