Proclamation of birth

João Ribeiro

Journeyed there and back again
Hear ye! Hear ye!

On the 7th of November of the year of Our Lord of 2013, Dinis, son of João of the House Ribeiro was born with 51cm and 3,5 Kgs. The child has black hair and brown eyes like his father.

The seed is strong!
The heir is born!

So I had to share the news that kept me from coming to the forum these past few days. It's quite remarkable the change one little fuzzball of awesome brought to my life. I can't really describe the feeling of leaning him against my neck and feeling that little breath.

I made no progress in my readings since I am now completely absorbed in getting the new routines. I haven't sterilized so many things in my whole life but it's very very worth it. I just want to protect him from everything and then some. I really couldn't get the Green Lantern's creed from my head when I saw him:

From brightest day
To darkest night
No evil shall escape my sight!

So right now I pity the fool that ever tries to harm that little Dothraki screamer! And I have a nice sidekick to help me. When we came home with him the dog was so so curious to see what was in the cradle and I got his attention and told him "Guard". You guys may not believe me but the freaking dog barked back at me and mounted a 24 hour guard to the kid, it's so awesome.

One a side note I tried to tell him about the battle of Gondor to lull him to sleep and it worked like a charm. So that was his first incursion into the world of Fantasy :)

I'm kind of back now but a bit less than usual, at least for a few days :)

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Congratulations!

fbones24

Awesome! Congratulations. My son is 2 now and I get a ridiculous amount of reading done when he is sick and I have to hold him alllllll night. :rolleyes:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Aikura

Became a Faceless Man
Congratulations! I am sure the House of Ribeiro is brought much honour. ;)

Sir Arthur

It's quite remarkable the change one little fuzzball of awesome brought to my life. I can't really describe the feeling of leaning him against my neck and feeling that little breath.
No need to explain, I understand. The moment my daughter was born was was..unreal. My eyes filled with tears, I hugged and thanked all the doctors and nurses ( even though my wife had done all the work).
It's so cliche', but it was instantaneous unconditional love, and in two and a half years, it has yet to subside.

Grats, my friend. You are in for the best years of your life.

João Ribeiro

Thank you all! The first few days seemed like an episode from "The Twilight Zone" but now we're catching on and things are going smoothly!

Good times indeed.

Bierschneeman

Thank you all! The first few days seemed like an episode from "The Twilight Zone" but now we're catching on and things are going smoothly!

Good times indeed.
TWILIGHT ZONE??? wait, that could be taken all sorts of ways....did he make a deal with the devil already..... JUST KIDDING
i know you really mean he went to go help out with Custer's last stand.

:p :p
have you decided what the first book he will coherently listen too/ read is going to be?

João Ribeiro

have you decided what the first book he will coherently listen too/ read is going to be?
Actually yes, Harry Potter seems like a nice introduction for the brat.

PS I think my dog matured like 10 years or something like that. He is quite the guardian dog and he is now so much calmer. I've been reinforcing his walks and treats and in return his guard instincts went through the roof.

Finally I'm getting at least my days together and started taking the kid out for walks. Still haven't read anything but at least I'm no longer drunk on sleep deprivation.

Antoxx

Actually yes, Harry Potter seems like a nice introduction for the brat.

PS I think my dog matured like 10 years or something like that. He is quite the guardian dog and he is now so much calmer. I've been reinforcing his walks and treats and in return his guard instincts went through the roof.

Finally I'm getting at least my days together and started taking the kid out for walks. Still haven't read anything but at least I'm no longer drunk on sleep deprivation.
Keep at it. You'll get used to it and when the 2nd comes along you'll realise how good it "used" to be. :)

João Ribeiro

Finally got to read 3 whole pages today... what a win :)

The second son will have to wait at least two or three years now!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Will be joining you soon! Just had 12 week scan. Trying to read as much as possible for the next 27ish weeks before the sleepless nights kick in!!!

João Ribeiro

Will be joining you soon! Just had 12 week scan. Trying to read as much as possible for the next 27ish weeks before the sleepless nights kick in!!!
Hey congratulations Tom!!! :asshat:
All I can hope is that you have as good a time as I'm having and that your kid is as healthy as mine. Also when in doubt, ask away, I'm by no means an expert but any pointers I can give you are free of charge :wacky:

Again congrats on the awesome news!