Mission Report:
Time without smoking 9 days and 10 hours
Cigarettes avoided so far (averaging my usual consumption): 188
Money saved: €37.60

:)

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should get the 'cessation nation' app on your phone (if you can?) - I have it, it basically counts down the time since you gave up, the money saved, the quantity of cigarettes you haven't smoked and the time saved (i.e. from standing around smoking!)

I'm currently at:

295 days since my last cigarette
£682 saved
Not smoked 1,770 cigarettes
Time saved: 7 days and 9 hours

Derk of Derkholm

Journeyed there and back again
Well, that's the downside, Tom ... so you had to work 7 days and 9 hours more than your colleagues who continued with their cigarette breaks :)

Other than that, AWESOME! Both of you!

Best regards,
Andy

João Ribeiro

You should get the 'cessation nation' app on your phone (if you can?) - I have it, it basically counts down the time since you gave up, the money saved, the quantity of cigarettes you haven't smoked and the time saved (i.e. from standing around smoking!)
Thanks mate, I actually have a similar one called QuitNow. That's where I got my statistics from. It's a nice boost to keep on the non-smoking track.

And congrats on being smoke-free for almost a year, that's super!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
And congrats on being smoke-free for almost a year
Hey thanks, but I'm not as brave as you, I've used electronic cigarettes ... Need to give those up now; although I've gone from the strongest possible cartridges to the weakest ones in that time, so getting there!!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Electronic cigarettes, statistics apps...wow, we are so used to tech now. It's getting increasingly difficult to even imagine how people did it before all of that tech.

Nonetheless, well done you two :) That's a lot of money you saved. Which I now advise you to spend on fantasy books :D

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Nonetheless, well done you two :) That's a lot of money you saved. Which I now advise you to spend on fantasy books
I had a colleague in grad school who quit smoking and bought herself a Kindle!

João Ribeiro

Hey thanks, but I'm not as brave as you, I've used electronic cigarettes
It's not being brave, it's a Hail Mary pass. I tried e-cigs and pills and nicotine patches before but I was spending the money on those and buying cigarettes anyway. I actually smoked while wearing the patches. So it was Cold Turkey and take the blunt of it.

Electronic cigarettes, statistics apps...wow, we are so used to tech now. It's getting increasingly difficult to even imagine how people did it before all of that tech.
I for one welcome it, especially since I write for the IT industry, so it puts food on the table. So techy up everyone :D

I had a colleague in grad school who quit smoking and bought herself a Kindle!
I'm saving the money for the wife's birthday next month.

Derk of Derkholm

Joao ... you can use all that extra time you are saving to work out ... to counter the bad effects of all those pastries :)

Best regards,
Andy

João Ribeiro

Hi all.

I'm back after some time off. Blessed vacations to be with the missus and the kid.

I'm still strong. In fact today is the first month milestone. 11th Feb to 11th March. I still stress out a lot from time to time but at least the urges are becoming less frequent. They do seem to last longer though. I'll get there.

Mission Report so far:

568 cigs not smoked
€113.60 saved