Reading Magic

Boreas

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
Come on, no one has an idea of what some of their multiple personalities might sound like? The first time I read it and got to that crotchety-old-man part, somehow my internal Kermit came out (like in that Bayou scene from Family Guy) with a hint of Herbert-the-Pervert.

João Ribeiro

Well, in the spirit of the Family Guy video, my old man voice sounds like the pedo neighbour.
Apart from that I'm so used to the other voices in my mind they sound like the other part of me :)

Boreas

Staff member
my old man voice sounds like the pedo neighbour
Haha, that's exactly whom I meant with Herbert-the-pervert. I don't know if my crotchety-old-man voice always sounds like that, but it certainly had hints of the perv and Kermit when I tried out the exercise. Pretty funny.

SparklingLu

Philosophizes with Kellhus
I read the loud part with my own voice, but like if i was leading a riot.
The whispering part, instead, sounded like a creepy kid making death promises xD

The old man voice was italian Gandalf's voice!

Boreas

Staff member
It was always my voice. Just a normal one, then a loud one, then a whisper-like one. I can't even make myself sound like an old man. I fail at this.
You seem entirely too stable for a human being. That's just abnormal.

João Ribeiro

The old man voice was italian Gandalf's voice!
Man I can't discuss movies in Italian without automatically thinking of Italian Spiderman
I almost sent a document to a client with a wrong paste that contained this link... thank god for reviews.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
You seem entirely too stable for a human being. That's just abnormal.
lol

I'd chalked it up to lack of imagination, not stability. But either works I guess.
Or it could be that I'm reading in language that is not maternal. Maybe I have an old Bosnian man's voice somewhere lol

Boreas

Staff member
Man I can't discuss movies in Italian without automatically thinking of Italian Spiderman
I almost sent a document to a client with a wrong paste that contained this link... thank god for reviews.
Holy crap, I love this video. Just got to, "it's for you, cocodrillo." Thanks so much for sharing this gem.