Recently back into reading. Any suggestions?

Andre Ramos

Possibly a Darkfriend
I recently started picking up reading again since I got a new Nook for school. I have bo clue where to start as far as book selection other than I really just love fantasy books, more so fantasy horror. There was one I read a while back name Lord Loss, part of the Demonata series by Darren Shan that I was in love with.

So I guess my questions would be a) If anyone else has read the Demonata series, do the rest of the books stack up to the first? and b) Are there any other suggestions you might have? I love reading now on my breaks in between classes so it would be nice to have a few good selections. :)

Thanks!

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
Seems it is a YA book and the reviews say gross and bloody and stuff like that, as i am not really into that kind of stuff i have no recc's. try his other series?

João Ribeiro

Journeyed there and back again
Hi and welcome to the forum.

If you are into YA I definitely recommend Sanderson's "The Rithmatist". Then again I recommend Sanderson to everyone any day of the week!

BTW your username sound very very Portuguese! Are you? Or Brazilian maybe?

Cheers

Andre Ramos

Possibly a Darkfriend
Puerto Rican so close haha!

YA is great but I'm really down for any reading level as long as its scary and creative haha. Another one I forgot to mention that I really like is Ender's Game! I hope that helps xD

And I looked up that Rithamist book it sounds cool, I'll give it a go thanks :)

Thanks Danica, I didn't remember he did other stuff I might have to check that out haha.

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
Maybe try I'm not a serial killer by Dan Wells. It's not scary as in bloody but it freaks me out plenty!! especially the 2nd in the series. There is a trilogy The Assassini by Jon Courtney Grimwood. These are pretty interesting reading and lots of killing ... love story in there too, don't know if you can deal with that