Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor #1) by Mark Lawrence

Discussion in '2017 Published Books - Your Rating' started by btkong, Apr 21, 2017.

1. btkong

btkong Journeyed there and back again Staff Member

Mark's brand new book/series and finally a new universe (not part of his Broken Empires or a tie in as was his last two trilogies).

This is his first book starring a female protagonist. I've just started it and it's pretty good so far.

I'll update with my rating after I finish.

2. Diana Story

Diana Story Possibly a Darkfriend

Who's read Mark Lawrence's novel, Red Sister? Just bought it and am looking forward to the adventure!

3. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

@Diana Story
    Hello Diana and welcome to Best Fantasy Books. I've moved your thread because it was a duplicate, but also because for the books published in 2015, 2016, and 2017 we have dedicated sub-forums. This is so at the end of the year we can get average ratings for the books from our members and staff.

4. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

Hi Diana!

5. MorteTorment

MorteTorment Reluctantly made a Warden of the White Council

Ah, Red Sister.

I was really liking you, and then you got into training....and you went on for so long that I completely burnt out.

I'm p for giving he book another shot however. Anyone know when the training ends?

6. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

Excellent book that deserves praise rather than scorn from someone who didn't even read it.

7. MorteTorment

Why is everyone being so mean to me lately? Seriously, I used to call this the friendliest forum on the internet, but now every time I say something someone is either cruel or entirely dismissive of me, and this is with me saying that I've expanded my horizons to read things that are lighthearted, and young adult.

I didn't scorn it. I liked it, a lot, but I burnt out on the training segment. I even said that I wanna pick it back up, and asked if someone can tell me what chapter the training segment ends, I will. I'd really like to do so before the year ends too.

You don't have to answer my question, but can you please not be mean to me?

8. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

I PM'ed you about this.

9. MorteTorment

Just replied back, and thanks.

And you know what? I was very passionate about this book before. I'm gonna skim the rest of the training part of the book, and finish the book sometime before the end of the year.

Edit: So glad i picked this back up. Originally dropped ithis because I burnt out from the long training sequence, but I decided to go through it. Was reminded how much I loved the main Nona, and her stabbity ways! So awesome to read a story about a bunch of likable female assassins! Looking forward to the sequel!

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017