Snowpocalypse

Bierschneeman

Journeyed there and back again
Well I'm stuck far East. With a 16 hour drive home with this white stuff

Last edited:

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Stuck in the house with a very thin layer of ice on the roads. But that is Atlanta for you.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Snow and sleet on the roads. A weather alert has been issued for the entire country. According to the news almost the entire Northern Hemisphere is going through a cold spell (bit of an open door if you ask me, it's winter after all). You get some pretty pictures out of it. In Thessaloniki (Greece) it was minus 7 yesterday and there was snow on the Acropolis in Athens.

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
We're having the usual -5 to -10 celsius here, and only very little snow. No need for scarves yet. Winter, where is thy sting.

ReguIa

A week back there was + 10 outside up here in Sweden. Then this cold hit super hard and now it's -20 ....

Nuomer1

According to the news almost the entire Northern Hemisphere is going through a cold spell
Hmmmm. Global warming is a very dodgy name - we ought to be speaking of climate change.
And something is certainly changing! Across much of the UK temperatures at Christmas and New Year were in double figures (so much for the concept of a White Christmas!) and where I am in North East England it is now in single figures - but only just. I am working on a lathe in my garage, which is not connected to the house central heating, and the fan heater was only needed for 10 minutes to take the chill off when I first went out there.
I predict a plague of assorted insects come early summer, 'cos the winter hasn't been anywhere near cold enough to kill the little ******* off!

Sir Arthur

It's been a cold and snowy winter here too. Typically the snow stays in the mountains, and at sea level we stay above freezing, and it just rains a lot .
It's not so bad though. It's beautiful, and you can't build a snowgirl without snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matticus Primal

It's 60 degrees (16 C) here in California. In fact, I was considering taking the dog to the beach. Yet my wife just turned on the heater because it was below 70 degrees (21 C). Not kidding.

Diziet Sma

It's been a cold and snowy winter here too. Typically the snow stays in the mountains, and at sea level we stay above freezing, and it just rains a lot .
It's not so bad though. It's beautiful, and you can't build a snowgirl without snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Love the princess headband of Ms Snow woman!
We live by a forest and your shot reminded me of it. Lethal running condition even with spiked running shoes. I can't imagine how hard must be to control your bike!:blackeye:

Bierschneeman

Okay so I was in Suffolk County Virginia (the hardest hit at up to a foot of snow) but I drove in it A ( at 4 inches an still coming down hard) and got out just fine. Tennessee is pretty clear with dry roads barely snow along the sides

kenubrion

Okay so I was in Suffolk County Virginia (the hardest hit at up to a foot of snow) but I drove in it A ( at 4 inches an still coming down hard) and got out just fine. Tennessee is pretty clear with dry roads barely snow along the sides
That big storm really hit the east coast hard, didn't it. We've got 10" from a nice storm without winds, and it's been a colder winter.

Last edited:

Maark Abbott

Everyone hates Mei.

Diziet Sma

Ski breaks are meant to be spent, well, skiing. Reaching the slopes to find 12ºC and green patches of grass sprouting through melted snow is really off-putting. I should have headed to the beach instead.
Well, I’ll hide with my copy of Wool and a drink and, hopefully, I won’t be spotted for a couple of hours…