So what's new on the fantasy frontier?

Discussion in 'Fantasy' started by Griffin, May 31, 2014.

1. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Man, I don't know what happened to the rest of the world but Dancer's Lament has been out for a while here.

2. Alucard

Alucard In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge! Staff Member

All my dates are from amazon.com for US customers in all of my posts.

What happened to the rest of the world, or better said to US customers is that Dancer's Lament has different publishers for UK and US.
    UK pub. is Transworld Digital for kindle and Bantam Press for hardback (both Random House divisions), and for US it's Tor.

3. Maark Abbott

Maark Abbott Journeyed there and back again

Ah, gotcha. Don't know how it is for other countries but we're due to get FoL this week...

4. Alucard

5. Alucard

6. Kalavan

Kalavan Ran bridges next to Kaladin

FFS, as if the mess concerning the publishing rights of the Sea Beggars series wasn't enough for poor Paul Kearney. I mean, I don't really care about the Warhammer 40k universe, and I wasn't happy at all that such a brilliant author had to write novels in this setting, but this is bloody ridiculous

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/n...fiction-for-writer-paul-kearney-31155072.html
    "A Northern Irish writer's books have been destroyed after lawyers ruled its title was too similar to that of an American author's work"

http://thewertzone.blogspot.it/2016/07/new-paul-kearney-novel-confirmed-for.html
    "Black Library have apparently been trying to resolve the legal issue for a year, but it's unclear if the novel will see the light of day without at least a title change and potentially a partial rewrite."

7. Ryan W. Mueller

Ryan W. Mueller Ran bridges next to Kaladin

That's not the first time Sherrilyn Kenyon has done something like this.

8. kenubrion

kenubrion Journeyed there and back again

This reminds me that Griffin is still gone. I had him pegged as being picked as another moderator. Don't feel guilty, whoever got the job instead.

9. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

I worry about griff. He's not been on any social media since April.. completely vanished.

10. Silvion Night

Silvion Night Sir Readalot Staff Member

After months of radio silence I now saw he updated his Facebook profile picture (on 9 July). So no need to be worried, he's still among the living. I'll drop him a note one of these days and let you guys know.

11. TomTB

12. TomTB

Just read about the new fantasy book by Kevin Hearne called Kill The Farmboy. As you can imagine, there's going to be quite a few common tropes thrown on their head!

13. Alucard

Me too. Worth noting that this is co-written with Delilah S. Dawson. He writes one chapter, she writes another. Still haven't read anything by her, but I should.
    At least they look like they're having fun together.

[​IMG]

14. TomTB

This is quite exciting news ... Chris Wooding, author of the brilliant Ketty Jay series, has a new epic fantasy book out next February. Cover below.
    C7mRdSUVQAECx5A.jpg-large.jpg