Star Wars episode 8: the Last Jedi

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

ReguIa

Journeyed there and back again
Exactly. Really excited for the movie itself, but that trailer was nothing special.

Ok it was the first teaser so it's not surprising they saved the good bits.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Why won't they just let Star Wars die a dignified death.
It's dreadful, silly Space Opera.
Hasn't it always been silly Space Opera though? That's what I like about it (also the reason the PT sucks, it takes itself too seriously).

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
The only thing that really interests me about SW right now is Luke Skywalker (and the Jedi(s) by extension), and this promises to be a movie centered around him, so I am satisfied. I could be wrong, but I think I will enjoy this one more than Episode VII. What's great about SW is all the fantasy parts in it anyway, not the space stuff *cough*

Bierschneeman

I tend to rag on return of the Jedi, and have finally found a version of the prequels that I can stand to watch, (phantom edit, it cuts so much and adds a few deleted scenes it is pared down to a single movie. The menace is down to exposition scroll followed by the final fight (all dialogue cut) the rest cuts most the cheap, and follows Anakin fall more than anything else.)watchable, like a D or C-

So I was all prepared to hate the new movies. But I didn't, I kind of liked them.

I will say considering the difference between rogue one and force, I think I'll like these prequels better than the main sequels. (The prequels we deserved the first time.)

Last edited:

Khartun

I tend to rag on return of the Jedi, and have finally found a version of the prequels that I can stand to watch, (phantom edit, it cuts so much and adds a few deleted scenes it is pared down to a single movie. The menace is down to exposition scroll followed by the final fight (all dialogue cut) the rest cuts most the cheap, and follows Anakin fall more than anything else.)watchable, like a D or C-

So I was all prepared to hate the new movies. But I didn't I kind of liked them.

I will say considering the difference between rogue one and force, I think I'll like these prequels better than the main sequels. (The prequels we deserved the first time.)
Just watched Return of the Jedi the other day for the first time in a LONG time. I didn't realize they had replace Vader's ghost at the end with Hayden Christensen. Didn't really make much sense to me.

Bierschneeman

Just watched Return of the Jedi the other day for the first time in a LONG time. I didn't realize they had replace Vader's ghost at the end with Hayden Christensen. Didn't really make much sense to me.
Oh they made many poor descisions in special edition that they refuse to reverse.

Darwin

Sort of off topic, but if they can remake spiderman and batman ad nauseum, do you think Hollywood will ever call a mulligan on episodes 1-3?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Sort of off topic, but if they can remake spiderman and batman ad nauseum, do you think Hollywood will ever call a mulligan on episodes 1-3?
I hope not to be honest. They'll probably be digitally rematsered though, just like the OT m,ovies (see @Bierschneeman 's comment for the most glaring example).

Darwin

Can they remaster in a new plot and some characterization?
"I mean how much more could you fuck up the backstory to Star Wars?"
^Plinkett reviews are awesome

Bierschneeman

Disney rarely remakes, their goto move seems to be tons of sequels and prequels.

That said the current prequels might be meeting us half way. We get the prequels we want but fans of 1-3 don't get their prequels retconned (too much)

Bierschneeman

Can they remaster in a new plot and some characterization?
"I mean how much more could you fuck up the backstory to Star Wars?"
^Plinkett reviews are awesome
Love that review, I watch it more often than the original trilogy.

I haven't seen plinkett reviews lately, I think they might have a conflict of interest. they turned the company into a business (red letter media) but the plinkett reviews contain massive runtimes from the movies, which is a either grey area, or completely a no no. It might be they are separating themselves from plinkett so they can make money, but allowing him to exist, just seperate from their money making operations.

Oh I think one of the guys from half in a bag is "irl" plinkett

Darwin

On remaking episodes 1-3, remember:
1) Written and produced as well as Force Awakens or Rogue one, these three movies are guaranteed to generate a large profit.
2) George Lucas isn't involved? I think?
3) It's no great secret that many, probably most, fans of the series were severely disappointed with episodes 1-3. These fans have been reassured about product quality after the last two movies.
4) Remakes are already a cliche for super hero backstories, so it's not really a new idea.

It's not impossible, right?

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I will only go see a PT remake if the original idea for the character arc of Jar Jar Binks will be included (Darth Jar Jar).

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Today is Star Wars day. May the 4th be with you!
Yay!~Right back at you!

<where are you located by the way. Over here it's still 3 May>