The Best TV Series!

dunebuggy

Knows the real name of Lower Corte
I really enjoyed Daredevil in a binge watch,I hope the second season keeps up the pace. Lately though,the best show,I only recently got into,The Flight of the conchords..so much fun.

MattKnott

It's Spartacus.

Hands down. Best written, plotted, and produced show that just increases in quality exponentially after the first two rough episodes. It never slows down, every plot point has a satisfactory resolution and you'll be cheering as it grows to crazy heights.

Daredevil's showrunner was the guy in charge for the whole run, if you haven't watched it I envy you.

Bear in mind those first couple of episodes are rough as they find their style and from then on it's the best ride you'll have.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
It's Spartacus.

Hands down. Best written, plotted, and produced show that just increases in quality exponentially after the first two rough episodes. It never slows down, every plot point has a satisfactory resolution and you'll be cheering as it grows to crazy heights.

Daredevil's showrunner was the guy in charge for the whole run, if you haven't watched it I envy you.

Bear in mind those first couple of episodes are rough as they find their style and from then on it's the best ride you'll have.
I've watched the seasons with the original Spartacus actor. Sadly he died of cancer. I thought the show was amusing, but in a no-brain-needed kind of way. My mom also watched the show and she consistently urged me to watch the episodes together, but due to all the explicit nudity and violence I always declined. :)

EDIT: how's the airport treating you?

MattKnott

I've watched the seasons with the original Spartacus actor. Sadly he died of cancer. I thought the show was amusing, but in a no-brain-needed kind of way. My mom also watched the show and she consistently urged me to watch the episodes together, but due to all the explicit nudity and violence I always declined. :)

EDIT: how's the airport treating you?
Terribly. Have to change gates again soon!

The thing with Spartacus is it's an incredibly simple story told in a magnificent way. It only improves as it goes on. The first season builds to a great climax, then the 6 episode Gods of the Arena is beautiful. It took me a while to adjust to Liam McIntyre but he makes the role his own and Vengeance has one of the craziest 2 part finales I've ever seen.

It's just satisfying in a really rare way.

Right, hopefully I'll be boarding now!. Enjoy the week!

sopranosfan

Journeyed there and back again
I finally finished season ten of Supernatural and like most said the first five seasons are incredible and the last five seasons are still very good but just not as good. I can finally get back to reading now!

Kalavan

Ran bridges next to Kaladin
My top 5:

The Wire
Deadwood - in spite of S3
State of Play - BBC mini-series, obviously not the mediocre movie
The Thick of It
Quantum Leap - or better the vague recollections of it, I'm actually kinda scared of watching it again

ReguIa

I'm making my way through The X-Files for the first time. This is so good and miles ahead of almost everything we get on TV nowadays.

When I read that they were bringing it back I decided I was gonna watch that at least. But to watch it without having seen the original? Blasphemy! So I decided I wanted to see it, and a few weeks later came the complete series in BLU-RAY!

Man this is awesome.

I've just finished up season 3 by the way :)

deuslachesis

Told lies with Locke
Has anyone seen Killjoys? Kinda has a Firefly feel to it. Pretty sure same people that made Dark Matter produced it, however it's quite a bit more well done, quite an achievement for a Canadian TV show.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Noor Al-Shanti

Philosophizes with Kellhus
Ooooh, let's see:

Doctor Who (for those not sure where to start, start at Rose (2005) and bear with the silliness for a couple of episodes)
Sherlock (first season, really, then it started to go downhill for me)
Firefly (had issues, but was awesome, don't watch the movie)
Dark Angel (maybe it's just because of my age when I watched this. I think it's the best)
Lost (watch up to season 2 and then just do yourself a favour and stop while you're ahead)
Heroes (same as Lost, watch season 1 and then run away!)

Also, I think someone mentioned Horatio Hornblower above. That was awesome while it lasted.

Bierschneeman

1. Simpson's (it's hands down the best)
2. Star trek. (As a whole, minus enterprise)
3. Battlestar galactic.
4. Man in the high castle
5. Moral orel
6. Breaking bad
7. Monty python
8. Game of thrones
9. Batman the animated series (There's a reason it kept winning awards)
10. Tie, dick van dyke, Andy Griffith)

Special note for two I thought were the nest when they were on tv.
Space above and beyond, and Babylon 5.
But they refuse to let you watch these so my memory might be rose colored.

Last edited:

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
New
How do you feel about the newer seasons? Post 2010 say? I much prefer the older seasons, with the best of them being from around 2000 in my opinion. Could of course have to do with the fact that I was growing up as a teenager back then and everything was still really new and edgy to me.

Khartun

2. Star trek. (As a whole, minus enterprise)
3. Battlestar galactic.
4. Man in the high castle
5. Moral orel
6. Breaking bad
7. Monty python
8. Game of thrones
9. Batman the animated series (There's a reason it kept winning awards)
10. Tie, dick van dyke, Andy Griffith)

Special note for two I thought were the nest when they were on tv.
Space above and beyond, and Babylon 5.
But they refuse to let you watch these so my memory might be rose colored.
Haha, I hadn't thought about Moral Orel since I was a kid.

Bierschneeman

How do you feel about the newer seasons? Post 2010 say? I much prefer the older seasons, with the best of them being from around 2000 in my opinion. Could of course have to do with the fact that I was growing up as a teenager back then and everything was still really new and edgy to me.
There was a period ( I want to say near 2005) when they were focused on trying to imitate family guy. King of the hill (which is similar to simpsons) was cancelled, and there were then two family guy clones in the lineup. This was a very bad move, the show turned as bad. Lots of poorly timed sight gags and unusual plot twists for the sake of trying to be unusual.

After there ratings started to increase in decline they made the movie, and used the movie as a way to promote reformatting of the show. Since then they have made the show more realistic than it ever had been, even dropping features and jokes that were there from the beginning but ruined by over the top renditions during the 2005ish phase. The show now tries to be in everyway A serious sitcom with fantastic jokes and heartwarming storylines in the spirit of the similar episodes in their early years that won awards and are considered the best of the best.

In short they took all the top fan favorite episodes and found a similarity, they were all serious, heartwarming, and still got laughs. That's now the theme of today.

The last 4 seasons are the best they've had since the first 10. Arguably as good or better.

Bierschneeman

I said kid but it hasn't been that long. LOL

It always reminded me of Davey and Goliath that I watched when I was a kid.
I think that was intentional. It is mostly a satire on the world you see with blinders on watching Christian children shows of the 50s, and 60s. And or a satire on an idyllic life that never happened in a world of ugliness.