The Defender

I'm in the middle of it. I've read 110 pages so far.
I like the simple writing and well-developed story. I also enjoy that the protagonist is a strong female character and not one that just sits and cries while others solve her problems.
Has anyone finished it?

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
We've never heard of this book before. Are you the author or do you have some relationship with the author? (Who is the author? I can't find this book on Amazon, or rather, it's such a common title, I'm not sure which book it is.) If you have something to do with this book, it is better to come clean now and I will move this thread to the Fantasy Authors section.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Book Club subforum out of all the places....

@theonix
Book Club subforum is a place where we all agree to read one book and participate in the discussion. That is not the case with your thread.
If you wanna share what you are reading you can do that in threads in Fantasy, SF, Fiction (general) and Horror subforums that are usually stickied and have 'What are you reading?' somewhere in the title.
You just don't use a book club subforum. I thought that would be obvious, but apparently not.

It would be great if you could answer Sneaky's question.
If you are the author of The Defender, or family member, or somebody that's paid to do promotion you should come clean.

''I'm reading this unknown book by unknown author and this is my first post on this forum'' is not a sales strategy. You'll get nowhere with this. Nobody in their right mind buys books like that, just because you are reading it.

We've never heard of this book before. Are you the author or do you have some relationship with the author? (Who is the author? I can't find this book on Amazon, or rather, it's such a common title, I'm not sure which book it is.) If you have something to do with this book, it is better to come clean now and I will move this thread to the Fantasy Authors section.
No, I bought it because of a sponsored add at Kindle Store. If for any reason you do not find the post suitable, you may remove it. As I understood, the purpose was to talk about what we were reading. If that cannot be done, what is the purpose of the forum then?

@theonix
Book Club subforum is a place where we all agree to read one book and participate in the discussion. That is not the case with your thread.
If you wanna share what you are reading you can do that in threads in Fantasy, SF, Fiction (general) and Horror subforums that are usually stickied and have 'What are you reading?' somewhere in the title.
You just don't use a book club subforum. I thought that would be obvious, but apparently not.

If you are the author of The Defender, or family member, or somebody that's paid to do promotion you should come clean.

''I'm reading this unknown book by unknown author and this is my first post on this forum'' is not a sales strategy. You'll get nowhere with this. Nobody in their right mind buys books like that, just because you are reading it.
No, I'm not the author. No, I had not understood that I could not have a thread talking about what I'm reading here. I read several other threads in which the person was in the middle of the book, so I thought that could be done as well.
As mentioned by Sneaky who has never heard of the author, neither had I and I wanted to know if anyone had read the book. That was all. I apologize if I did it in the wrong place, which apparently is the case. You may remove the thread. I've just joined the forum because of a friend's recommendation and I had lots of fun yesterday reading about tv series and movies. I have no interest whatsoever to promote anyone. Other than the things I like as I did yesterday on other threads.

Alucard

Staff member
I could not have a thread talking about what I reading here.
You can have a thread if you really wanna spur on some discussion just about that book. But not in a Book Club subforum. This subforum has a specific use as all of them. You wouldn't start a thread on fantasy book in General fiction forum either.
However in your case nobody here has even heard of the book, the title is very general and we have no idea what you are talking about.

For everyday updates we use stickied threads in their appropriate subforums. We read a lot as a community so there is usually a monthly thread made, where you can discuss what you are reading. Which I see you have already used. So please follow the rules.

Thanks.

@theonix

I do need to add though that I found both of your approaches a bit hostile. As you mentioned, my post had no sales strategy whatsoever, so I don't get where the aggressiveness comes from. I expected a more friendly environment. The forum is great and I think that any supposed misconduct should be approached more lightly until you know whether the person has obscure reasons or not.
I hope I do not get banned for speaking my mind. As I said before, I had fun reading the threads yesterday and I hope to continue doing so.

Alucard

Staff member
Your post has the same formula as many posts we get from authors who basically just spam around and mention their book, which we have never heard of. That is their sales strategy because they are clueless.
We get these people all the time and they use the same exact way of interacting with this forum as you have.

Honestly most of the moderators are fed up with this. It's dishonest and brazen. If you stick around you will notice these people a lot.

I hope you continue to have fun on BFB and if I have offended you in any way, that was never my intention, so sorry about that.

Your post has the same formula as many posts we get from authors who basically just spam around and mention their book, which we have never heard of. That is their sales strategy because they are clueless.
We get these people all the time and they use the same exact way of interacting with this forum as you have.

Honestly most of the moderators are fed up with this. It's dishonest and brazen. If you stick around you will notice these people a lot.

I hope you continue to have fun on BFB and if I have offended you in any way, that was never my intention, so sorry about that.
I understand. It's all right. Will you remove this thread or should I do it?
And yes, I do plan to stick around. :)