The Hollow Queen by Elizabeth Haydon

rajwible

Helped Logen count his fingers
I have such mixed feelings about this book. I am torn really.

Putting a true, clear rating on this will be hard. I mean, I am biased. I had been waiting for these last two installments for what seemed like an eternity. I love the characters Haydon created. I have been reading their story since I was about fourteen! And I was able to read about their continued story, so I am happy. But at the same time, I don't think the quality of the writing holds up to her past books in the series. There were actually numerous things I had issues with, but that could just be me being a picky long-time, die hard fan. I am able to admit that, even though it is like a knife wound to the heart. I also just have this empty, awful feeling, if it is truly Haydon's last installment in the Symphony of Ages series.

In the end, I guess I would give it a 7/10.

I am lacking closure. It was not a clean break, and I really needed a clean break! Like that guy/girl you dated that just kind of faded out and you were left thinking, "What happened?"

MrMarbles

Fought a battle in the name of the old gods
Didn't know this series was still ongoing!

I read the original Rhapsody trilogy: Child of Blood, Child of Earth, and Child of Sky. My favorite was probably the first, got sucked in to the whole mythos, and thought the conceit of travelling through the center of the world for ages unknown was such a great idea, and all that came after.

After that, just got distracted by other things. Hm, will look into the rest of them. Sad to hear you think it fizzled a little bit at the end there. An 8 book series is REALLY long, compared to most.

rajwible

Helped Logen count his fingers
After that, just got distracted by other things. Hm, will look into the rest of them.
I believe that they are worth the time. Especially if you liked the others. :)