The Vagrant by Peter Newman

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
The price of the ebook was discussed in the interview we did with him earlier this year. I completely agree though, it's daylight robbery paying so much for an ebook.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
The price of the ebook was discussed in the interview we did with him earlier this year. I completely agree though, it's daylight robbery paying so much for an ebook.
I remember. I thought by now it will either
a) go down in price
b) become available on amazon.com as the worldwide site

Did a little digging around now, and it looks like this book was published only for UK by HarperCollins UK division. It's not a worldwide release. It's contained.
It's supposed to be published in USA in 2016 by HarperCollins main company. Maybe it will become more available to the world then.
Restricting ebook editions to a single country in 2015....I don't know what to say. Bunch of dinosaurs running the business. These publishing decisions are mental. I can only imagine how much money Newman has lost with this shitty publishing deal.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I bought it in hardcover from a 3rd party seller on Amazon (US site). I had a gift card (you can get Ammy gift cards by searching Bing, so I just click random crap until I get my allotment of searches for the day) so it didn't set me back too much.

Kalavan

Journeyed there and back again
Restricting ebook editions to a single country in 2015....
Since I could buy the kindle edition on Amazon.com from Italy -$18.32, no thanks -, I guess it is the other way around, it is available everywhere except that in the USA, anyway yes, bunch of dinosaurs indeed.
Especially considering that next year I will probably be able to choose from 2 different digital editions, hopefully with 2 very different prices (in The Grace of Kings' case there is a $12,00 difference between the US and UK kindle edition, and I could choose both - kind of ridiculous)

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Hmm, thanks @btkong. It seems to be right up my alley. I love both the Road and the Dark Tower. However, the price is prohibitively high, so I'll hold off buying it until the cost drops a little bit.

btkong

Staff member
There is another way. Sign up for the Audible trial account. there's a deal floating around where you get 2 free downloads the first month (and you can also cancel the first month if you don't want to pay anything). You can then download The Vagrant as an audiobook.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
It is silly in this day and age for publishers to set such different release dates for novels in different formats (hardback/paperback lag aside, as that's traditional) in different countries. Amazon's sites will ship any old (physical) thing to another country if you order it. And people who really want ebooks that soon are more likely to pirate them.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Since I could buy the kindle edition on Amazon.com from Italy -$18.32, no thanks -, I guess it is the other way around, it is available everywhere except that in the USA,
You are right. I have a US account and this is why it's not available for me.

kenubrion

Hey, it's only $1.99, not bad at all. A year after the other comments, I just got done reading it and really liked it. So naturally I'm looking for sequels and one is thankfully coming out next year, called The Malice, and it's only $10.99 and I preordered it. But I just want to thank Peter Newman for writing this marvelous book. For me it doesn't fit into any one genre, which is also good. Fantasy/scifi/horror/comedy for the price of one.

Last edited:

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hey, it's only $1.99, not bad at all. A year after the other comments, I just got done reading it and really liked it. So naturally I'm looking for sequels and one is thankfully coming out next year, called The Malice, and it's only $10.99 and I preordered it. But I just want to thank Peter Newman for writing this marvelous book. For me it doesn't fit into any one genre, which is also good. Fantasy/scifi/horror/comedy for the price of one.
The Malice was released 6 months ago in the UK. Strange it's not out until next year in the US.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
The Malice was released 6 months ago in the UK. Strange it's not out until next year in the US.
I bought it in paper from a UK-based seller months ago. Probably won't get around to reading it until it is out in the US, but oh well.