UK Countdown deals of my book

I am promoting my book, Universal Wars: Battle for Valetissi Midiva and Incursatio sample pages for viewing

Increment Duration Price %Discount
April 27, 2016 at 8:00 AM (GMT) 32h 0.99 british pound 86%
April 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM (GMT) 32h 1.99 british pound 72%
April 30, 2016 at 12:00 AM (GMT) 32h 2.99 british pound 57%
May 1, 2016 at 8:00 AM (GMT) 32h 3.99 british pound 43%
May 2, 2016 at 4:00 PM (GMT) 32h 4.99 british pound 29%
May 4, 2016 at 12:00 AM (GMT) Original list price 6.95 british pound

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I am promoting my book, Universal Wars: Battle for Valetissi Midiva and Incursatio sample pages for viewing

Increment Duration Price %Discount
April 27, 2016 at 8:00 AM (GMT) 32h 0.99 british pound 86%
April 28, 2016 at 4:00 PM (GMT) 32h 1.99 british pound 72%
April 30, 2016 at 12:00 AM (GMT) 32h 2.99 british pound 57%
May 1, 2016 at 8:00 AM (GMT) 32h 3.99 british pound 43%
May 2, 2016 at 4:00 PM (GMT) 32h 4.99 british pound 29%
May 4, 2016 at 12:00 AM (GMT) Original list price 6.95 british pound
I don't think many people here would pick up your book based solely on this post. Perhaps you could tell us a little bit more about it besides the title and the pricing? Also, in my experience books are more likely to be picked up if an author is willing to invest some time in getting to know the other members of the forum by participating in discussions and sharing experiences.

Just my two cents of course, I wish you good luck with the sales of your book.

Sorry, I will post more information, just busy promoting the book
Here is the description:
This book is a story about beings that have wage war with one another from every corner of the universe; these beings travel from one world to another world using ships and many types of teleportation. Dark beings are creature that has evil intentions only seek to spread fear, hate, anger, chaos throughout the universe. Ancient beings that have good intentions that seek to restore order and bring back civilization in every corner of the universe. Dark beings are raise corpse, Dark Hatchlings, Dark Elementals, and Dark Initiate, Devourer, Thorny Beast, Metallic Beings, Crystal Beings, Dark Mistress, Dark Arch Mistress, Defilers and Dark Lords. Ancient beings are trooper, elite trooper, primes, elite primes, shadow warrior, lords, lady, and elders. Dark beings collect and consume dark energy from any living things that has evil thought or actions. Ancient beings collect and consume light energy. Dark being enslaves many species or beings, transform many of their slaves to different form. Dark creature or being has ability to regenerate their destroyed or missing parts using remaining dark energy in their bodies. Ancient beings are capable of regenerating their injuries and missing limbs using their reserve light energy in their body. Some dark beings have enormous strength, vicious appetite, tough skin or body, ability to manipulate elements or energy, and other abilities. Some ancient beings are strong, high regenerative ability, ability to manipulate elements or energy, ability to predict future events, and other abilities. Both Dark and Ancient beings are able to cast spells or summons different creature or being. Some of these spells are dark mist, dark plague, lightning blade, protective shield, deep hibernation, guardian and dark avenger. Ancient beings use double crescent blade, energy blaster, shock grenade, and other weapons. Both Dark and Ancient beings use many ships like transport ships, battleships, scout ships and other ships. These ship travel in space at high speed

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I couldn't help but read all of that in a monotone voice .. A bit like a robot.

Good luck with your book.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
beings that have wage war
Dark beings are creature that has evil intentions
Dark beings are raise corpse
Ancient beings are trooper
Jesus Christ that grammar. This doesn't bode well.

Now listen, you say you are busy promoting your book. That's great and all, but you should pay attention to how you promote it. You know, quality over quantity.
Your synopsis is riddled with grammar mistakes. If it was only a forum post, it wouldn't matter at all. But this is your book description. You are trying to get readers, so you should know better. I, as a non-native English speaker, am put off and slightly horrified by the amount of grammar mistakes your description has. I can only imagine how native English readers feel when they read this, and they are your primary audience and potential customers.

Also paragraphs are your friends.

Sincerely good luck with your book, and I hope you take into consideration what I said.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Here is the description:
This book is a story about beings that have wage war with one another from every corner of the universe; these beings travel from one world to another world using ships and many types of teleportation. Dark beings are creature that has evil intentions only seek to spread fear, hate, anger, chaos throughout the universe. Ancient beings that have good intentions that seek to restore order and bring back civilization in every corner of the universe. Dark beings are raise corpse, Dark Hatchlings, Dark Elementals, and Dark Initiate, Devourer, Thorny Beast, Metallic Beings, Crystal Beings, Dark Mistress, Dark Arch Mistress, Defilers and Dark Lords. Ancient beings are trooper, elite trooper, primes, elite primes, shadow warrior, lords, lady, and elders. Dark beings collect and consume dark energy from any living things that has evil thought or actions. Ancient beings collect and consume light energy. Dark being enslaves many species or beings, transform many of their slaves to different form. Dark creature or being has ability to regenerate their destroyed or missing parts using remaining dark energy in their bodies. Ancient beings are capable of regenerating their injuries and missing limbs using their reserve light energy in their body. Some dark beings have enormous strength, vicious appetite, tough skin or body, ability to manipulate elements or energy, and other abilities. Some ancient beings are strong, high regenerative ability, ability to manipulate elements or energy, ability to predict future events, and other abilities. Both Dark and Ancient beings are able to cast spells or summons different creature or being. Some of these spells are dark mist, dark plague, lightning blade, protective shield, deep hibernation, guardian and dark avenger. Ancient beings use double crescent blade, energy blaster, shock grenade, and other weapons. Both Dark and Ancient beings use many ships like transport ships, battleships, scout ships and other ships. These ship travel in space at high speed
The good: it seems you're quite creative and imaginative.

The bad: your English is deplorable.

I wish you all the best with your book, just know that I'm not going to read it (I think I can speak for the other forum members as well).

jo zebedee

Journeyed there and back again
Just to fourth it. You're not promoting your book with this post - you're killing it. Bad grammar is an immediate turn off as is an author who doesn't know how to present a blurb, and that's the case with your post.

Really, don't rush. Play with the blurb, get it honed and lovely. Join in the chat with other writers and readers and let people find out about you and your ideas organically. Essentially you've just dropped into a party here and asked us all to buy your book - would you, if someone did that in real life? Slow it down. It's hard, we know that. (Hell, we know it.) You're competing against a lot of people and everything you put out needs to look to showcase your book as best it can. :)

Good luck with it.

Travis

Has Danced with Dragons
Unfortunately the grammar issues appear to permeate the book itself as well. I completely understand the draw of wanting to write a book in English but perhaps writing in your primary language would benefit you more? Or maybe hiring a good editor well-versed in English that can clean it up a bit. Struggling with another language certainly doesn't mean the book is bad but people won't want to read it if it seems to be in broken language.

Sparrow

Here is the description:

Count me in!
Very impressive; as a fan of Stream of Consciousness writing, I was immediately drawn in by the lack of paragraphs... it's as if a paragraph hurt you as a child and you've never quite forgiven the insult. Paragraphs are what other writers use to hide the fact they aren't speaking from that deeper place, the heart. Damn you paragraphs, damn you to Hell.

btkong

Staff member
It's unbelievable how clueless some new self pub authors are when it comes to promoting their books.

Starting your first post in a forum spamming your new book is about the worst thing you can do.

Other than, of course, riddling your book description with spelling and grammar mistakes.

Common sense, no? Or maybe not.

I'm seriously tempted to spend a week writing a series of articles on the main site called 'Indie Authors 101: The Smart Way to Promote Your Book without Seriously Pissing Off Potential Readers' with such information, because it's crazy how little common sense there is out there when it comes to marketing your book as a new author. Or maybe it's people who should never ever be authors trying to write their first book as a cash grab or something.

These days everyone seems to feel they have a book in them that the world needs to read.

But, I'm thinking a lot of writers don't actually want to put in the time (i.e. the years) to actually master their craft and want readers to supplement their nascent writing careers while they polish up their writing up to acceptable reader standards.

I'm still trying to figure this one out.

Derk of Derkholm

I was surprised to see that the book does not have any reviews at all on Amazon.

I would have bet a lot that it has at least 5 glowing 5-star-reviews :D

And I was even more surprised that the error-riddled stream-of-consciousness description is actually the official book description there :wacky:

jo zebedee

I'm seriously tempted to spend a week writing a series of articles on the main site called 'Indie Authors 101: The Smart Way to Promote Your Book without Seriously Pissing Off Potential Readers' with such information, because it's crazy how little common sense there is out there when it comes to marketing your book as a new author. Or maybe it's people who should never ever be authors trying to write their first book as a cash grab or something.

But, I'm thinking a lot of writers don't actually want to put in the time (i.e. the years) to actually master their craft and want readers to supplement their nascent writing careers while they polish up their writing up to acceptable reader standards.

I'm still trying to figure this one out.

A 101 for new authors would be wasted - those who need the advice aren't interested, those who will follow the advice are already listening.

There seems to be a mentality that writing a book is something to be proud of, and the option of self-publishing it validates that. Now, I'm fine with that. Self publish it, tell your mates, enjoy the kudos of finishing a book because it is bloody hard.

The problem comes when that same author spams forums and what not (I've just had a similar post, albeit with better grammar on a facebook group I'm part of). That's annoying.

It's also annoying when you're a self-published author trying to get it right. Now, my exposure is limited as most of my stuff is trad published, but a lot of my writer friends are self-published. It's so damaging because it leaves people refusing to take a chance on any self published book because the quality can be so bad. It's a very broken model.