Upcoming Releases (Film & TV)

Boreas

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
a sick fascination
I get that, too. I find them hilarious in interviews. You know, if they ever came to where I am, I'd probably go see them in concert (barring anything else more important). I think I'd even have a good time. But there is no way I could listen to their music as regular part of my life.

Boreas

Staff member
I wanted to go see it at first but after these reviews I'm not so sure.
No, I was planning on going, but since it is been tanked by the reviews I'll wait for the dvd/blu-ray release.
That's a shame. I'm getting more and more nervous about his new Alien film, now.

Buffy V Slayer

Knows Who John Uskglass Is
Has anyone else heard the news that the Walking Dead producers (including comic writer Robert Kirkman) are going to be putting out a companion series to the Walking Dead that will introduce a new cast of characters who are caught in the zombie apocalypse in L.A.? I read that the show will air in late summer 2015 and have 6 episodes in its first season.

I am a big fan of the show, so I'm looking forward to hearing more! Anyone else a fan?

ReguIa

6 more days of waiting for the Age of Ultron! Already bought a ticket and really looking forward to this. I also managed to stay away from all the trailers.

ReguIa

It's called ''Fear the Walking Dead'' isn't it?

I still need to catch up with the original show first. Only seen 3 seasons so far.

Buffy V Slayer

Knows Who John Uskglass Is
It's called ''Fear the Walking Dead'' isn't it?

I still need to catch up with the original show first. Only seen 3 seasons so far.
Yeah, they just released the name this past month. There's a really brief trailer online now. The producers of that show like to keep everything hush hush until the actual release, I find. I envy you. Seasons 4 and 5 are really good, in my opinion. Love that show!

Here's the trailer, in case you haven't caught it yet:

ReguIa

Dawn of Justice trailer, finally. I must say this is the comic book movie I'm most looking forward too. Marvel does good stuff but I've gotten a little tired of them. Especially the way every single movie is more or less a comedy. Man of Steel had some flaws, big time with the writing, but I'd rather pick a movie in that style over Marvel. At the moment anyway.

Much like the ''overused fantasy trope'' thread. I feel there is almost too much Marvel. It will be nice to see something different.

Don't know who they brought in to write the screenplay for Dawn of Justice but I'm hoping it's someone good. It was the one aspect of Man of Steel I felt was lacking. Please focus on that this time. Affleck got some serious talent, lets hope he has something to say about it.
As for the actors, setting and most importantly style, I couldn't be more excited.

Both batsuits are freaking AWESOME. Just so epic seeing Batman confront Superman. As of yet no Marvel sceen can rival that one.

Boreas

Staff member
Killjoys from Syfy. Cautiously sceptical. Doesn't seem like anything too special, but they do seem to have put in quite a bit of moolah.

Boreas

Staff member
Dawn of Justice trailer, finally. I must say this is the comic book movie I'm most looking forward too. Marvel does good stuff but I've gotten a little tired of them. Especially the way every single movie is more or less a comedy. Man of Steel had some flaws, big time with the writing, but I'd rather pick a movie in that style over Marvel. At the moment anyway.

Much like the ''overused fantasy trope'' thread. I feel there is almost too much Marvel. It will be nice to see something different.

Don't know who they brought in to write the screenplay for Dawn of Justice but I'm hoping it's someone good. It was the one aspect of Man of Steel I felt was lacking. Please focus on that this time. Affleck got some serious talent, lets hope he has something to say about it.
As for the actors, setting and most importantly style, I couldn't be more excited.

Both batsuits are freaking AWESOME. Just so epic seeing Batman confront Superman. As of yet no Marvel sceen can rival that one.

Hmm, seems they're now using Miller's "The Dark Knight Returns" as the basis for some of the plot elements. At least, the confrontation between Bats and Supes, which is absolutely the best such confrontation in Miller's work.

wakarimasen

It's a shame. I find it hard to care. Been reading Avengers vs Xmen to my 4 yr olds and its reminded me how great comics are and how piss poor most big screen translations of them are. I think I'm finally at superhero movie saturation.

Boreas

Staff member
It's a shame. I find it hard to care. Been reading Avengers vs Xmen to my 4 yr olds and its reminded me how great comics are and how piss poor most big screen translations of them are. I think I'm finally at superhero movie saturation.
I think the first "Sin City" by Rodriguez and Miller set a very high bar in the 21st century for comic-to-screen adaptations, so most efforts don't feel quite adequate. I'm not really into the Marvel/DC movies. I've enjoyed "The Hulk" by Ang Lee and "X-Men: First Class" by Matthew Vaughn most, not so much the others that I've seen except for "Guardians of the Galaxy" most recently, which I saw knowing full well what to expect (a light romp) and whose soundtrack contributed heavily to my enjoyment. I wanted to like Nolan's "Batman" trilogy more than I did. I liked elements of it, but I was let down by the overall approach. Nolan is a great director, but he should really stick to his previous Hitchcock-like psychological thrillers instead of big budget extravaganzas (haven't seen "Interstellar" yet, so maybe my comment is premature).

ReguIa

I liked Nolan's Batman but mostly because of the story. They are great movies and very well made. It's just not the Batman I want to see.

Interstellar had some flaws but it didn't bother me much because the rest was just fantastic.

Anti_Quated

Seen a trailer for Mad Max Fury Road which looks EPIC !!
I was wondering when someone was going to nod to this. I've seen a rather short trailer and already have my appetite for destruction and octane apocalypse-cannibals whetted thoroughly. Though I'm a little saddened they didn't shoot this one on home soil. Still, Tom Hardy is badarse and I've taken quite a liking to his body of work.