Upgraded Forum to new version

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thank God epicfantasyfreak doesn't swing by any more! If he got logged in as a mod the site would probably explode.

Tanniel

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
Perhaps a little more dangerous, I was just logged in as Silvion. I logged out immediately, but could be problematic that people might have access to moderator accounts.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I don't have any control over this login issue (those of us moderators who are posting here don't have 100% access to every feature of the site) but I did send emails to @Jon Snow and @btkong just now to see if one of them can look into this.

btkong

Journeyed there and back again
Staff member
Ok guys, I have the xenfo support looking at why this is happening, so stay tuned -- it should be fixed up (I hope) today. I really did take a full month off work so I'll be fixing all these issues asap now that I'm back :D

Khartun

Ok guys, I have the xenfo support looking at why this is happening, so stay tuned -- it should be fixed up (I hope) today. I really did take a full month off work so I'll be fixing all these issues asap now that I'm back :D
Is this really you or did @TomTB get logged in as you and is playing a prank?

btkong

Staff member
Ok, the problem had to do with the caching server I installed about a month and a half ago (if you remember, there were all those server problems then). I *think* it's fixed because the server admins put an exception in so the forums (bestfantasybooks.com/forms) folder should be ignored by the caching engine.

In non-tech speak: "I think that may have fixed it, so test it and let me know if the problem still persists"

Ben

Peat

I was really confused when I saw Alucard's post until I read the whole thread. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, thank you for being a better person than me and not posting a bunch of scurrilous crap with it.

Diziet Sma

Hired Nicomo Cosca, famed soldier of fortune
Ok, the problem had to do with the caching server I installed about a month and a half ago (if you remember, there were all those server problems then). I *think* it's fixed because the server admins put an exception in so the forums (bestfantasybooks.com/forms) folder should be ignored by the caching engine.

In non-tech speak: "I think that may have fixed it, so test it and let me know if the problem still persists"

Ben
Does the fix also cover the best science fiction site? Yesterday, I shared @TomTB's literary tastes. Mind you, it was only for a few seconds...;)

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Perhaps a little more dangerous, I was just logged in as Silvion. I logged out immediately, but could be problematic that people might have access to moderator accounts.
:eek:You didn't see any of the explicit pics me and @TomTB sent to each other, did you?