Wanted to thank you all for supporting my friend's ebook.

Zarien

Knows how to pronounce Kvothe
Hey pretty short blurb here. A lot of you know my best friend released his eBook House of Blades by Will Wight and I wanted to just thank you guys for those who purchased it, looked at it, talked about it, etc. His book has been doing ridiculously well, way beyond expectations for how long ago he released it, and I just wanted to thank you all who supported him and the forum community as a whole for giving him a chance. Thanks again!

Edit: Someone asked about how well he was doing sales wise, he's already sold over 850 copies of his book in the past two weeks. Which is astronomical for a self published book so early. Once again thank you guys for your support!

Derk of Derkholm

Journeyed there and back again
Well, while I did not buy it, I borrowed it on my kindle under the Amazon Prime program.

What can I say - like most here, I was quite sceptical about a book with only a few - but very positive - reviews (which is often a sign of "family and friends" participation), but I must say that I am quite impressed with the quality of the book.

Yes, there are quite a number of "rough" areas, but it was a good read with fresh ideas and thoughts. Of course, the hero is a "farm boy with a sword" who is forced to learn how to be a fighter and magician, but I was devouring the book and will most likely go for the sequel when it comes out in August. My only concern is that the book has a number of subplots that are quite tangled - I am not sure yet whether Will Wight will be able to pull it off in a good way that all those subplots come together well and get resolved in the 3 books that are planned.

Make no mistake - the book has a few shortcomings, and the writing style is not 100% consistent, but I do consider it a quite solid fantasy story. I do not think that I have wasted my time on "taking up Zariens challenge", and I would certainly endorse it at its current price level ($ 3,50).

Best regards,
Andy

Zarien

Knows how to pronounce Kvothe
Well, while I did not buy it, I borrowed it on my kindle under the Amazon Prime program.

What can I say - like most here, I was quite sceptical about a book with only a few - but very positive - reviews (which is often a sign of "family and friends" participation), but I must say that I am quite impressed with the quality of the book.

Yes, there are quite a number of "rough" areas, but it was a good read with fresh ideas and thoughts. Of course, the hero is a "farm boy with a sword" who is forced to learn how to be a fighter and magician, but I was devouring the book and will most likely go for the sequel when it comes out in August. My only concern is that the book has a number of subplots that are quite tangled - I am not sure yet whether Will Wight will be able to pull it off in a good way that all those subplots come together well and get resolved in the 3 books that are planned.

Make no mistake - the book has a few shortcomings, and the writing style is not 100% consistent, but I do consider it a quite solid fantasy story. I do not think that I have wasted my time on "taking up Zariens challenge", and I would certainly endorse it at its current price level ($ 3,50).

Best regards,
Andy

Hey wanted to thank you for your honest review of it. The price is $2.99 just as a small correction :). Yeah, some of the subplots don't come out as well in the first book, but, they are there for a reason. Having read the outline and some of the material for the second book, he does take a handle of those subplots better and gives you a much clearer vision of what to expect in the third book. Thanks again for checking it out!