What are you reading?

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Reading It right now, and I'm about 10% in which is somewhere over 100 pages. Some 'scary' things have happened already, but it didn't have that kind of an impact on me.
I heard It is one of the scarrier King's book, but so far I'm liking the writing, but I ain't scared :D
Even though I don't like clowns, they creep me out in real life.

But books that scare me are more along the lines of atmospheric horror where the threat is unindetifiable or cosmic horror.

I'm even 'reading' it as an audiobook, so it should be even scarier that way, but nope.

Maybe I haven't read enough of It yet, will report here after I finish.

Darth Tater

Journeyed there and back again
Reading It right now, and I'm about 10% in which is somewhere over 100 pages. Some 'scary' things have happened already, but it didn't have that kind of an impact on me.
I heard It is one of the scarrier King's book, but so far I'm liking the writing, but I ain't scared :D
Even though I don't like clowns, they creep me out in real life.

But books that scare me are more along the lines of atmospheric horror where the threat is unindetifiable or cosmic horror.

I'm even 'reading' it as an audiobook, so it should be even scarier that way, but nope.

Maybe I haven't read enough of It yet, will report here after I finish.
I loved “It”. It never seemed scary to me. Just eerie/creepy. But for me, it was one of those few books where a lot of events stuck with me and I remember them quite vividly. I thought the book really highlighted the characters, their lives, and their relationships.

I didn’t realize a new version was out and out of the blue my son held his phone out and said “look at this” He didn’t say anything else. A video was running. I’m sure that no more than two seconds passed and I said “Oh, that’s IT”. He was like “How in the hell could you tell”?? It was something that happened very early. If was innocent seeming. In one sentence what I saw was.

A small boy in a raincoat following a paper sailboat down a street.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I barely remember the book at all but I read it like 30 years ago, when I was just a kid, and it didn't scare me then. But I have always been able to handle reading things that I would absolutely not want to watch on a screen.