Journeyed there and back again
@Hikerike : Cri Cri Cri Cristiano Ronaldo :p

Sorry just couldn't help myself!!!!

Hikerike

Owns a Ring of Power
@Hikerike : Cri Cri Cri Cristiano Ronaldo :p

Sorry just couldn't help myself!!!!
God damn him but Ronaldo was great!
But man after ibrahimovich's freekick goal the atmosphere in the arena was insane. I think the second half of the game was the most entertaining fottball i've ever seen. Probably because i was at the stadium. If ronaldo doesn't win Ballon d'Or this time then somethings really wrong. He just had to ruin everything huh, i was at the game and it was dead silent after he scored the third goal , you could hear a mouse fart. But got to give big props to Moutinho for two excellent assist , insane game man , porugal totally deserved it.

Last edited:

João Ribeiro

Thanks, that was actually the best I've seen them play for the whole qualifying phase.

Moutinho is a true maestro. It's a shame we don't have a true good striker though.

I actually thought that when Zlatan scored the second you guys would turn the game around.

Derk of Derkholm

I have been watching "Strike Back" recently, interesting series (at least until season 3 where I am at the moment).
Some years ago, I really liked "The Practice" and "Boston Legal".

Best regards,
Andy

Derk of Derkholm

Love love love Boston Legal. James Spader and William Shatner!
Aah ... and not to forget Rhona Mitra :)

I certainly love to re-view those episodes, great entertainment, though sometimes - only sometimes - a little bit over the top.

Best regards,
Andy

João Ribeiro

Minor update... the only two things I watch on TV nowadays are:
The news at dinner time
Mastechef Australia

The rest of the time I'm mostly occupied with the "Let's changed diapers Show"

João Ribeiro

Next year I might start the book series.
Agatha Christie's books are really cool and a very fast read. I have a collection of 50 something of her books. Also check out "And then there were none" from her.

dolphinplace

Killed in the battle against the Mad King
:troll: I pretty much watch Bones, NCIS, NCIS LOS ANGELES, Hawaii 5-0, Warehouse 13, Pretty Little Liers, and there are a few more.:D
:asshat:The shows I watch once in a while are DISCOVERY CHANNEL, NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC, any channels that have any specials documentaries.:Blackalien:

Boreas

Staff member
I recently finished watching a T.V. show called 'ReGenesis'. Has anyone seen that?

It concerns a group of scientists (molecular biologists, virologists, etc) who work for the fictional North American Biotechnology Advisory Commission (NorBAC) based in Toronto. They investigate all kind of weird diseases that might spring up anywhere in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, biological terrorism and environmental changes due to viruses/bacteria. It's 4 seasons long and I quite enjoyed it. The first two seasons were particularly good with hints of larger and more ominous story arcs (concerning politicians and/or the military machine). I understood that many of the of viruses/bacteria they deal with are real or, at least, have very real analogues, so I had the show down more as a thriller. By the third season and, especially, the final season it decidedly turns into science fiction with some of the procedures and plot lines that they develop. It was very fascinating and quite scary to have shown the tenuous balance between civilisation and nature and just how easily (and worse, how casually) it can all be disrupted to epic proportions.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
I recently finished watching a T.V. show called 'ReGenesis'. Has anyone seen that?

It concerns a group of scientists (molecular biologists, virologists, etc) who work for the fictional North American Biotechnology Advisory Commission (NorBAC) based in Toronto. They investigate all kind of weird diseases that might spring up anywhere in Canada, the U.S. and Mexico, biological terrorism and environmental changes due to viruses/bacteria. It's 4 seasons long and I quite enjoyed it. The first two seasons were particularly good with hints of larger and more ominous story arcs (concerning politicians and/or the military machine). I understood that many of the of viruses/bacteria they deal with are real or, at least, have very real analogues, so I had the show down more as a thriller. By the third season and, especially, the final season it decidedly turns into science fiction with some of the procedures and plot lines that they develop. It was very fascinating and quite scary to have shown the tenuous balance between civilisation and nature and just how easily (and worse, how casually) it can all be disrupted to epic proportions.
I haven't seen that one but it sounds like something I might like (depending on the amount of research that went into it!). Not available via free streaming on Amazon Prime so it may be awhile before I get to it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Boreas

Staff member
I haven't seen that one but it sounds like something I might like (depending on the amount of research that went into it!). Not available via free streaming on Amazon Prime so it may be awhile before I get to it. Thanks for the recommendation.
In my layman's opinion, I think quite a lot of research must have gone into the show. What I really liked was the visuals on procedure that they followed in the diagnosis/analysis of the various bacteria and viruses that they came across. Plus, the lab looks like a real government lab, not some ultra-high tech lab from a Hollywood movie. There is a fair amount of 'techno-babble', though the viewer is given explanations of some of the fundamentals via scientists having to explain what they're doing to the administrator/director of NorBAC (who, not surprisingly, needs to be updated on a regular basis, like the viewer). I started to enjoy the techno-babble part of the show, actually. And it's not like director of NorBAC is a superfluous character whose only purpose is to have all this techno-babble explained - she plays a key role as the liaison between the scientists/purpose of NorBAC and the politicians/military; this element of the show is also surprisingly well done. So, on the whole, I'd say a very good balance between juggling the science side of things and the problems associated in governing a complex institution like NorBAC between 3 separate governments and the military. Besides learning some specifics on biology, there are also interesting tidbits of history and information on current research on certain fields of sciences.

What I didn't like: the relationship angle between the head scientist at NorBAC and his estranged 15 year old daughter played by Ellen Page during the first season and the relationship angle between the main molecular biologist and his love interest in the final season (which turned out to be extremely important for the plot of the final season, but it still annoyed me). It's a Canadian show. And I didn't stream it, I downloaded all 4 seasons from a torrent site.

Laurentius

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw some episodes of it once. I didnt like how they had to use pens to draw a few aminoacids or a DNA/RNA sequence on a glass board, to make it seem "highly advanced". It's not that advanced in the show, but they do touch upon a few very real problems or possible dangers lurking out there in a freezer or a possible mutation. That is not to say it's not for you, but it's not very techinical, even though it tries to make it so.

Boreas

Staff member
I saw some episodes of it once. I didnt like how they had to use pens to draw a few aminoacids or a DNA/RNA sequence on a glass board, to make it seem "highly advanced". It's not that advanced in the show, but they do touch upon a few very real problems or possible dangers lurking out there in a freezer or a possible mutation. That is not to say it's not for you, but it's not very techinical, even though it tries to make it so.
Those were just the brainstorming sessions. Once they outlined a few major areas of inquiry into a problem, they then separated to work it out from their respective specialties.