What Game are you Playing ?

Hand of Fear

Journeyed there and back again
Thought I'd start a new thread to find out what you're all playing at the moment this can be for any system new and old.

I have recently bought a PS4 & now an Xbox One couldn't decide on which to buy so I bought them both.

This is an oldish game but I have started playing The Last of Us on the PS4, I almost decided not to carry on playing it because it started of quite slow but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

The game has a really good atmosphere and can be quite suspenseful, and working out ways to kill the enemies is also lot of fun.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Last of Us is a stunning game .. I've never been as emotionally attached to a character as I was to Ellie.

I'm still on Dragon Age Inquisition .. when I get chance, which isn't often at the moment! I love it though .. not quite as much as I did Skyrim, but not too far off.

sopranosfan

Playing Assassins Creed 4: Black Flag. I play REALLY slow now days though. I actually think my ratio of games to books switched from 30-40 games a year to 3-5 books a year to the other way.

Laurentius

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is an oldish game but I have started playing The Last of Us on the PS4, I almost decided not to carry on playing it because it started of quite slow but I'm so glad I stuck with it.
Masterful storytelling. If you like that kind of games, there's a handful more PS3 games along the same lines, almost as good as Last of Us.

wakarimasen

Gave "Shadowrun: Dragonfall" a crack on ipad. Same shody coding problems and continual crashes as the first, their response is to point out they don't recommend it for an ipad2 (it's a footnote in the game description). It's not like it does anything crazy powerful so this is just slack on their part. Such a shame as I loved getting back into the whole cyberpunk/fantasy crossover world and as a casual game it worked really well. At the moment though I'd have to say steer clear unless you've got a recent tablet.

Anti_Quated

Suckering my way through The Evil Within. With younguns around, it's only in the wee hours pre/post gym that I can indulge. Unsurprisingly I think it's more effective, and certainly more entertaining, in the dark with the lights off (but then isn't everything? =p). Plenty of gore and viscera to tantalise those of us not wholly desensitised to it, with a neat Jacob's Ladder/Silent Hill/Shutter Island sort of feel to it. It's more than the sum of its' often familiar parts (peasant European villages, scary Ring-esque girl monster/spider thing/asylums and wheelchairs and menacing perennially resurrecting nemesis character with a geometric object for a head) but it's still been great fun. The focus perhaps upon more of a 'survival' element (though it's still VERY Res Evil 4) is a welcome change, almost as if the developers were listening to the complaints that have dogged Capcom for the last few games.

I have started playing The Last of Us on the PS4, I almost decided not to carry on playing it because it started of quite slow but I'm so glad I stuck with it.

The game has a really good atmosphere and can be quite suspenseful, and working out ways to kill the enemies is also lot of fun.
I feel like The Last of Us is going to be one of those almost generational memories that I'll end up missing out on. Many a chum has regaled me with the intensity of the emotional investment, even gymbro mates that usually, despite my affection for them, lack a certain sensitivity or aptitude for that sort of thing (they buy Madden and racing games every year and little else). I do sincerely hope I get to see what the fuss is about, without having to vicariously indulge through a youtube let's play or some such.

Zymologist

Has been in the eye of the world
I play Smite with some friends. It's a MOBA (multiplayer online battle arena) and as such is a highly competitive PVP game with a steep learning curve. Still, if you can get into it, it's super fun.

As a former League of Legends player who has also played DotA, DOTA 2, Strife, and even a tiny bit of Infinite Crisis and Heroes of the Storm, I have some experience with MOBAs and Smite is easily my favorite.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I played through episode 1 of Life is Strange, and it was great, like playing through a graphic novel. The story and the characters are great.
You can download episode 1 on steam for 4.99€. I highly recommend it. Other episodes aren't out yet.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

l3gacy

Dr. Awesomesauce
Staff member
Currently playing Hyrule Warriors a lot on my Wii U, and a bit of Starbound on PC.

ReguIa

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire! The last Pokemon game I played was the first Sapphire, and that was what, back in 2004 or something? As a kid I was so hooked on these games it's crazy. As usual me and my brother saw that a new game was being released, but this time we actually bought it. Hell I even got a brand new 3DS XL just for this. 10 years is a long time but man, all the memories came flying back when I started up this new one.
The first Sapphire came out at just that time when I could actually understand the text and story for the first time. Obviously it was my favorite:p Anyway I'm having a blast with this game so far.

jasonmg

Possibly a Darkfriend
Bleach Online is a browser-based Massive multi-player online role-playing game (MMORPG) from Gogames, a new game publisher devoted to bringing engaging and immersive online games to players everywhere. Players try to become the best Shinigami through challenging World BOSS, creating own guild, collecting Zanpakutō, and joining in special activities within the game. In the process of protecting Seireitei and the Human World from enemies, player becomes the most powerful Shinigami in Bleach Online.

sopranosfan

Playing Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Pretty good game but nothing earth-shattering. Added some elements of Assassins Creed and Batman games to an RPG game for a pretty fun experience.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Playing Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Pretty good game but nothing earth-shattering. Added some elements of Assassins Creed and Batman games to an RPG game for a pretty fun experience.
I didn't like it. Everything was so bloody repetitive, I got really bored with it really quickly.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm gameless at the moment - finished Dragon Age Inquisition a couple of weekends ago. I'm just waiting for Witcher to be released .. nothing else is really grabbing me.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
A lot, yes. Best way to describe it is a cross between previous DA games, and Skyrim. It wasn't a patch on Skyrim (IMO) .. I don't think I'll go back to it having completed the main storyline, which I did with Skyrim, for hundreds of hours!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
A lot, yes. Best way to describe it is a cross between previous DA games, and Skyrim. It wasn't a patch on Skyrim (IMO) .. I don't think I'll go back to it having completed the main storyline, which I did with Skyrim, for hundreds of hours!
I wish I knew what that means. Last Elder Scrolls game I played was Morrowind. I have no clue what Skyrim is like.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I wish I knew what that means. Last Elder Scrolls game I played was Morrowind. I have no clue what Skyrim is like.
Buy and and go play it now. Thank me later.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I'm currently still playing Rome 2: Total War. It was relashed in the Fall of 2013, had many problems, was patched numerous times, and now finally, since the Fall of 2014, it's a good game (such use of commas, much illiterate, wow). I've almost won the campaign on Very Hard with the Iceni (Britons). When that's done, I'll start Rome 2:Total War Attila.