What have you cooked/eaten lately?

Discussion in 'Anything' started by lyraseven, Jun 10, 2015.

1. TomTB

TomTB The Master Tweeter Staff Member

You know when you come over to the UK, if you fancy popping over to mine to cook some of these dishes, I'd be more than happy to have you! ;)

2. Bierschneeman

Bierschneeman Journeyed there and back again

I made my own brinskha cheese for the Romanian dish, but I couldn't find any Moldovan dishes that didn't say "popular in both Romania and Moldova"

These fried tuna balls from Maldives are amazing.

Also Maldives, Mauritius, and Micronesia (can't find anything specific to Palau, seperate from Micronesia. Probably because Palau is part of the Micronesia region, but not the federated states of.)

3. Bierschneeman

I found the people from Nigeria are called Nigerians, and the people from Niger are called Nigeriens . And the foods are similar but at least different. Most of the region's seems to dominated by similar food cultures, like one thousand and one unique regional ways to make yams. Bland.

For those living in America these are actual yams, not sweet potatoes called yams because a grocer figured they sell better. Most Americans have never seen a yam.

Every country also seems to have it's own version of chicken yassa.

Niger, Nigeria, guinea, guinea Bissau, Senegal, Gambia, Ghana, Cameroon, cape Verde

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
  4. TomTB

What have I eaten recently? Not a lot .. I've been on a crash diet for 3 months. Am about 25lbs down and am pleased to say I now fit into 'slim fit' jeans/shirts.

I'm gagging for a KFC!

5. Bierschneeman

They have KFC in UK?

6. TomTB

Yup, they're everywhere!. And Taco Bell now too.

And I live quite close to the only Hooters in the country. Currently arguing the case for having my work Xmas party there, although I think I'm facing a losing battle ...

7. Bierschneeman

That makes sense, they are both the same company. (also pizza hut)

Your missing out though. Wherever I am, if we are talking about getting fried chicken the first line is "anything but KFC". Here we are all about southern classic, in VA it was bojangles or popeyes.

Hooters is suffering here. A good line people who go to hooters say. "man those wings are the best"