What is your favorite breakfast?

sopranosfan

Journeyed there and back again
Mine is a homemade breakfast burrito that I basically just start throwing things in, including scrambled eggs, sausage, cheese, hash browns, jalapeños, cheese and salsa. Made me hungry thinking about it.

atheling

A Poet of the Khaiem
For weekend brunches, I don't know what my favorite is. I have several that I like, I guess whatever I haven't had in a while. My normal weekday breakfast is oatmeal--steel-cut oats ("Irish Oatmeal"), which have to be boiled. Once I got used to this, rolled oats started to taste an awful lot like soaked cardboard. I never heard of this stuff growing up, so I don't know what possessed me to try it, but there's no going back now.

I don't think I had a regular weekday breakfast until I was in my 30s. I suppose once I finally got into a grown-up rhythm of actually getting up in the morning and preparing for the day, I found I had to have food in my stomach or else I couldn't make it till lunch. But hey--that's what breakfast is for!

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
I've met a few continental folk who were repulsed by the very idea of steaming hot baked beans on thickly buttered bits of toasted bread but let me tell you... they are wrong! Beans on toast is delicious, easy and nutritious (Beans are one of your 5 a day of fruit and veg).
Well as a continental myself I'm not repulsed by it, I'm weirded out.
Beans here is lunch/dinner food. It's served in a bowl. Next to the bowl is a homemade bread if you're lucky. Beans is usually made with beef or dryed meat (a type of meat that is made throughout the Balkans)

Also - if we don't eat them at least once a month, the Queen cuts our heads off. ;)
Lol, imagine that.

It's a lot more common than you think,
Not with people around me. They're always getting on my case because of that.

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
How about some Soylent for breakfast? Anybody here ever try that stuff?
It says on that webpage "What if you never had to worry about food again?"
Well I actually like to worry about it. Or maybe better word is I like to concern myself with it, to make it, to shop for it. I guess I'm not their target audience.
Also it looks like banana smoothie. You can't have banana smoothies everyday.
Variety is the spice of life.

Ser Pounce

French toast and home fries always hit the spot. Pancakes, omelets, or Porkroll, egg, and cheese sandwiches work, too. Most of the time, cereal suffices. Can't really go wrong when it comes to breakfast options.

wakarimasen

How about some Soylent for breakfast? Anybody here ever try that stuff?
That's just nasty. You've got to be pretty dead inside to want to replace eating, life's second greatest free pleasure, with that sludge.

This has got me thinking about different breakfasts and I realised that I did used to love starting the day with spicy Tom Yum soup in Thailand. Chillies first thing, gets the circulation pumping!

Derk of Derkholm

OK, I have to add Nasi Lemak!

A simple and delicious (and also quite fattening, alas) dish from Southeast Asia.

Rice cooked in coconut milk, with spicy chili sauce, some vegetables and other condiments.
Something I was actually missing for 16 years after my first stay in Malaysia, until I returned here again.
If you have any chance to try this out in the country where you live (e.g. there are Malaysian restaurants in London and presumably other big cities), give it a try!

Best regards,
Andy

Boreas

Staff member
Saaaayyy, now wait just a minute!!!

You mean all that about having Soylent as food was for real??? I thought you people were just joking around about the movie. I didn't realise there was an actual nutritional supplement called Soylent on the market.

Derk of Derkholm

Saaaayyy, now wait just a minute!!!

You mean all that about having Soylent as food was for real??? I thought you people were just joking around about the movie. I didn't realise there was an actual nutritional supplement called Soylent on the market.
It' not a supplement, it is supposed to be a complete replacment of whatever else you would want to eat.

Boreas

Staff member
I checked the stuff out. I wouldn't mind trying it. Just hope it isn't made out of

people.

Last edited:

Danica

Queen of the boards!
Staff member
Toast has to be with lots of marmite
As an Australina, you're wrong. Toast has to be made with just a fine scraping of vegemite or it is GROSS!

that you guys eat beans on toast often for breakfast?
Hienz makes YUMMY sauce for it's beans, so I did my toast in the sauce and don't eat the beans hahah.

Nothing worse than soggy toast.
Totally agree with the exception of soggy cereal. i'm almost sick thinking about.

Hold on, I feel a round of story-time coming up.

When Danica was little her Dad always told her breakfast was the most important meal of the day and would demand she have cereal every morning before school. Danica hated cereal to the point she actually was physically sick after being forced to eat soggy fruity wheat things. This however didn't stop her father from forcing her to eat cereal before school, so she then just ate a few small portion of nutigrain without milk from a bowl and was starving by recess time. I have eaten cereal probably less than five times in 10 years. To this day even soggy wheatbixs or cornflakes in someone else's bowl makes me want to be sick. Thanks dad ... NOT!

That's more like a lazy dinner in my house.
I eat brinner = breakfast at dinner.

Now to answer the question. I LOVE breakfast and as I was working casually this year and my partner works shift work, we would go out for breakfast all the time. If you are ever in Sydney and want to know where to breakfast, hit me up!

Normal Mon - Fri I have a juice in my juicer if time permits and an egg on toast or an ommlete. I'm with @Sneaky Burrito, my juicer is the best! If i am time pour I just get a protien shake. Is it weird i'm laughing to myself about my pun? My partner wakes up a weird ours and so I chuck on bacon and eggs for him (he doesn't eat toast).

Weekend or days when my partner or I aren't at work. He is a Eggs Benedict feind! I love french toast/pancakes with bacon, strawberries and a heap of maple syrup! We went through a crepe making faze that got nutella banned from the house (self inflicted ban, well ok, I banned it). I also made something I saw on imgur - bacon cupped egg muffins. IT WAS AMAZING! I put diced mushrooms and tomato in between the egg and bacon though.

Lot ok, I could go on and on, but I really love breakfast alright? BUT NOT CEREAL!! Don't be mean to me about it

wakarimasen

This however didn't stop her father from forcing her to eat cereal before school
So reminds me of peas, but at dinner. Couldn't stand 'em. Told my folks I would only eat them in the conservatory. They never seemed to twig that the window in there opened next to the bin. Or maybe they did and they gave me points for creative lying.

Sneaky Burrito

Crazy Cat Lady
Staff member
Toast has to be made with just a fine scraping of vegemite or it is GROSS!
I was always under the impression that it was the Vegemite that MADE the toast gross...