What Movie or TV show are you watching?

S. K. Inkslinger

Will likely be killed by a Lannister soon
I've also recently saw the Wonder Woman movie (well it had been a few weeks, university had started and I hadn't seen anything since, so this counts), and it is the most wonderful DCEU movie up to date. I love the way that romance, humor, and the heroic spirit had been imbued into this film, and those things makes it stand out from many other superhero movies (especially the ones by DCEU, who usually are grim and darkish). All in all a wonderful origin movie, deserving of its huge success both by reviews and at the box office.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've also recently saw the Wonder Woman movie (well it had been a few weeks, university had started and I hadn't seen anything since, so this counts), and it is the most wonderful DCEU movie up to date. I love the way that romance, humor, and the heroic spirit had been imbued into this film, and those things makes it stand out from many other superhero movies (especially the ones by DCEU, who usually are grim and darkish). All in all a wonderful origin movie, deserving of its huge success both by reviews and at the box office.
I really liked this one too. Plus, Gal Gadot :wideyed:

Andrew.J

Journeyed there and back again
I watched the first episode of Stranger Things a bit earlier. I like it a lot! Few shows interest me as much as this one did in the pilot episode. I'm really enjoying the 80/90's setting and all of the LotR and D&D references.

Derk of Derkholm

Been waiting a long time for Wonder Woman and finally saw it yesterday.
Saw it too, liked much of it, but am not a great fan of the god-vs-god-apocalyptic-fight-scenes that made up the last 20 minutes or so.
Guess I'm not really a real "superhero" movie fan, will have to live with that.

Derk of Derkholm

Trying to get through the day without seeing/hearing any spoilers about yesterday night's GOT episode, which was, of course, much too late for us European guys to catch. Looking forward to watching it tonight.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Trying to get through the day without seeing/hearing any spoilers about yesterday night's GOT episode, which was, of course, much too late for us European guys to catch. Looking forward to watching it tonight.
Same here. I'm on a social media black-out.

ReguIa

Same here. I'm on a social media black-out.
Yepp.. It's available at 3 in the morning for me. Not something I'm sitting up for when I go to work at like 6. Not even facebook/reddit/youtube for me today, or any news site for that matter. I've been spoiled too many times before with stuff like this.

Derk of Derkholm

Disappointed!

Yeah, some things were cool, otherwise lamest season finale so far.

Jakyro

I got myself one month free Netflix and I've been using it in between my reading. I've watched several shows and movies so far:
  • Doctor strange: I really liked this one. I would have liked seeing it on big screen but never came to it. There seem to be plans for a sequel, so I'll definitely watch that, hopefully on big screen this time
  • Deadnote: I liked this as wel. I've seen a couple of episodes of the anime in the past, but never finished it, so I can't really make any decent comparison
  • Sense8: I watched two episodes but it hasn't really convinced me so far. Has anyone completed both seasons? Is it worth continuing? I know it has been canceled after two seasons, but does it give a decent round up or not? For now I started another show:
  • Shooter: something completely different but I'm still liking it after 6 episodes
There're still a lot of shows and movies worth watching, but I probably won't have the time watching everything, especially not if I don't want my reading to suffer from it :D

ReguIa

@Jakyro I guess this is the first time you're using Netflix then? If so I strongly recommend you give these a try. They're Netflix's own shows and they are fantastic.

• Stranger Things. Best new show I watched last year, season 2 is also coming out in like 2 weeks ..
  • Daredevil. It's connected to the Marvel movies but way darker and grittier. Only 13 episodes in it's first season so it doesn't drag. Amazing stuff!

ReguIa

@Anti_Quated Me too! It was so good. A lot of people didn't want a season 2 because the first was so great, afraid it couldn't be as good. So happy that wasn't the case! It was just phenomenal.

Steve and Dustin had some great stuff. And the ending is among the most perfect things I've ever seen on TV.

Jakyro

@Jakyro I guess this is the first time you're using Netflix then? If so I strongly recommend you give these a try. They're Netflix's own shows and they are fantastic.

• Stranger Things. Best new show I watched last year, season 2 is also coming out in like 2 weeks ..
  • Daredevil. It's connected to the Marvel movies but way darker and grittier. Only 13 episodes in it's first season so it doesn't drag. Amazing stuff!
Actually my wife had Netflix for some time; the standard one month free subscription and then two free months using a coupon. We didn't watch too much back then as we didn't have the time. We finished Stranger Things s01 but it's one of the few things we watched. We weren't really into it, not bad but not great either. I wasn't planning on continuing but my wife wanted to start s02 and we're on episode 4 now. It's good so far, I probably like it better than s01

I've seen some fragments from daredevil on tv. I haven't really taken the time to start it but I'll keep it in mind

Bierschneeman

on Trans atlantic plane I watched many things.

Wonder Woman, better than most things coming out of marvel (the prod company, so not including Sony and Fox), a good position 3 on last 20 years of DC movies.
I feel like the basic plot (the WW1 stuff, not the mythical stuff) was too close to Capt, 'Merica one and they noticed that so intentionally added extra elements to distance

Ghost in the Shell, also pretty good. they combined a lot of stories and plots from many episodes (or mangas) to create one cohesive story that although similar and done in the same vein, unique and different.

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2. also pretty good. although I am very vocal about how uninspired over glutted and plot lacking the massive amounts of movies coming out of Marvel Studios, this line of movies (GoG) continues to be a shining beacon of original fight scenes that push character development, plots (because somewhere around Avengers 1 Marvel forgot that plot was necessary) and new concepts on how the story can progress (rather than the rest where its all layed out now even before the title character is picked. Fox and Sony seem to get it right lately (sony muuuuch more recently)

also Lady Macbeth, (2 stars) , Mad World (4 stars),
and I started Dark Tower, and American Gods, got bored of both.

Alice Sabo

Knows how to pronounce Kvothe
Loved Stranger Things 2. My only complaint is that I didn't like that they separated the kids for awhile. People said it wasn't as fantastic as season 1, but I think they took a little time to do some world building. That isn't always as fascinating, but perhaps necessary for season 3. Looking forward to it!

GreyMouser

Stranger Things season 2 was epic!

Amazing group of characters with Dustin and Steve being at the top of the list for me.

It's going to suck waiting for season 3. :(