What Movie or TV show are you watching?

sopranosfan

Journeyed there and back again
I thought it was pretty good. The X-Files has always been a slow burn kind of show so this episode was more about introducing things. Tonight's episode and the next episode will tell me a little more about whether this will be any good.

Derk of Derkholm

Started to watch "The Man in the High Castle" yesterday. Pretty good.

Actually I suggested watching an episode from a series to my wife as it was already quite late, and she was afraid that if we watch a movie, it would get too late.
And ... we ended up watching the first 4 episodes, before we finally decided that enough is enough :D

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

Actually I suggested watching an episode from a series to my wife as it was already quite late, and she was afraid that if we watch a movie, it would get too late.
And ... we ended up watching the first 4 episodes, before we finally decided that enough is enough :D
I'm very curious about this one. Is it on Netflix?

Derk of Derkholm

khrm

Listens to The Unbeliever whine about life
Downton Abbey. I love this one. Especially the way they explain aristocrat's feelings and thoughts.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
A friend lent me the first two seasons of American Horror Story, so I started watching it this weekend. Absolutely loving it so far (7 episodes into Series 1); I'd never heard of it before last week!

Derk of Derkholm

So now I am done with Season 1 (which was really good), and of course it ended in a major cliff-hanger o_O.
So I had to get the book, to have at least some idea how it is going to continue....

Maark Abbott

Mrs decided recently we were going to watch Dexter. And she somehow managed to call the Ice Truck Killer within seconds of the character being revealed.

Derk of Derkholm

Lyraseven,

you are plain mean to Debra. Why should she not have someone like that?

khrm

Finish with Downton Abbey. It might not be accurate but as close as possible I think. Portrayal of aristocracy is sympathetic but quite near the reality. Not every British aristocrat of that time believes that Jallianwala Bagh was the right thing. And phrases aren't that anachronistic as most people feel [1].

Now watching House of Cards. Did anyone else find it over the top?

Kalavan

Andrew.J

Season 2 is definitelely a big step up in my opinion. It's gotten better in pretty much every single way: from storytelling to a lot more interesting procedural cases and personalities Liv gets to go through. But the feel of the series hasn't changed, so if it didin't stand out for you before, it won't now either.
It all depends on one's taste really, I know a few people who can't stand the show. I personally really like it.

sopranosfan

I'm watching Lonesome Dove. It is almost as good as the book and I think the actors did a superb job bringing them to life.

GreyMouser

I'm watching Lonesome Dove. It is almost as good as the book and I think the actors did a superb job bringing them to life.
That's my all time favorite mini-series and in my top 5 westerns. Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones were incredible.

khrm

Someone do tell me that Frank Underwood invades North American Continent or become the president for life. By the end of Season 2 (episode 12), he looks set to become President without even fighting an election. What are the next two seasons about? Conquering the galaxy?

Anti_Quated

Black Sails has started season 3. Flint is a badarse. Captain Vayne is still ripped as fuck, and also, a badarse with some mentor issues.

I was intrigued and engaged by the complicated triangle between Rackham, Bonny, and Max, but it seems largely to have fizzled into a who-will-she-choose whilst lacking the tension that made it seemingly more compelling last season. As in, I don't give a shit anymore and it feels like the character development of Max and Anne has stalled because of their 'uncivilised' love affair - it doesn't seem tawdry or steamy or anything other than run of the mill, commonplace, and not particularly exciting or dangerous. I'm not clamouring for titillating or salacious lesbo romps on-screen, but Max and Anne just don't have chemistry, and I feel it's made Anne a blunt, weak character for the sake of an emotional crisis for the new Pirate Queen of Nassau (Max). Jack seems oddly reconciled, indeed apathetic by deed if not by word, on his dwindling involvement with Anne. So what was an interesting conflict last season has fallen by the wayside.

On the plus, Silver seems to be getting some growth beyond the egocentric, sibilant Machiavelli and is actually becoming almost endearing for the humanity he's been displaying of late for a crew he once professed to give zero fucks about.

And the 'Death' apparition in episode 2 was something a little left of centre and special; I've seen a lot of renditions of the Reaper in various media and this one seemed firmly grounded in the imaginative and artistic inclinations of the era and stood out - nothing huge, but a nifty little feature I appreciated.
I'm quite looking forward to how the multiple threads converge in this season.

ReguIa

Who's watching season 2 of Daredevil in two days? Hoping it will be as great as the first season. I mean Elektra AND the Punisher..

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
Who's watching season 2 of Daredevil in two days? Hoping it will be as great as the first season. I mean Elektra AND the Punisher..
I'm currently watching 'Making a Murder'. I'm on episode 3. It's the most interesting documentary I've ever seen. If you didn't know this was real you'd find it over-the-top, that's how ridiculous this case is. Highly recommended.

After that I'm planning on watching the new season of House of Cards. Been looking forward to meet Frank again.

After this it's the new season of Daredevil for me @Haven. Looking forward to that one as well, as I really liked the firsts season.