What Movie or TV show are you watching?

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
Shows I watch:
Scandal, Lucifer, Grimm, Homeland, Blind spot, Big Bang, Elementary, Survivor, Under The Dome, Life In Pieces

oh, and Game of Thrones

Andrew.J

Journeyed there and back again
Shows I watch:
Scandal, Lucifer, Grimm, Homeland, Blind spot, Big Bang, Elementary, Survivor, Under The Dome, Life In Pieces

oh, and Game of Thrones
Another Grimm fan! How did you like the last season?
I remember watching Under The Dome but I stopped after the first season. I only remember 'The pink stars are falling. The pink stars are falling in lines' seizures. Oh and a dinosaur egg at the end of the season! Or was it alien? :confused:

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
@Andrew.J I'm really liking Grimm. It has such potential to get too corny but it walks that line very carefully. The plot and the suspense has been building nicely. Great things happening with Renard, Wu and Juliet/Eve. :eek:

Andrew.J

@Andrew.J I'm really liking Grimm. It has such potential to get too corny but it walks that line very carefully. The plot and the suspense has been building nicely. Great things happening with Renard, Wu and Juliet/Eve. :eek:
I have very fond memories of the first few seasons, I've been watching the show since I was quite young. I still enjoy it very much.
My greatest disappointment is with the Julliete-Hexenbiest arc. I remember being so excited when she woged in front of the mirror but the story turned out be not quite what I was expecting, especially now, that she's officially come back. Neanderthal Wu is amazing though. Can't wait to see more of him.
What are your thoughts on Adalind, by the way? :D

ReguIa

I'm also a huge Grimm fan! Back in 2012 when I really began binge watching shows I discovered it just a few weeks before the season 2 premiere date. It's been a solid series ever since. For me it has never reached the greatness that other fantasy/sci-fi shows like Supernatural and Fringe, but it's still really good!

I haven't finished season 5 though, I think the last episode I saw was where
Monroe got healed by that weird wand

What's really fantastic about this show is the characters, especially Monroe. Definitely one of my all time favorites:)

Andrew.J

I'm also a huge Grimm fan! Back in 2012 when I really began binge watching shows I discovered it just a few weeks before the season 2 premiere date. It's been a solid series ever since. For me it has never reached the greatness that other fantasy/sci-fi shows like Supernatural and Fringe, but it's still really good!

I haven't finished season 5 though, I think the last episode I saw was where
Monroe got healed by that weird wand

What's really fantastic about this show is the characters, especially Monroe. Definitely one of my all time favorites:)
Don't forget Bud, he's also fantastic. :D

Do continue on with the season, the final 80 minute episode (I believe) is one of the best Grimm episodes to date. Ends with the usual cliffhanger and a lot of creepiness from one particular kid. I'm very excited for the upcoming season.

Andrew.J

The show has never achieved 'greatness', true. But that's not a bad thing necessarily. It's more like a cozy and wonderful adventure you look forward to every week. Not epic but not worse because of it. I enjoy it for different reasons than Game of Thrones, for instance.

I haven't watched Fringe or Supernatural though. I thought of watching the latter but 11 seasons seems like a too big of a commitment.
I'm currently trying out Penny Dreadful as an attempt to get into reading Lovecraft, Edgar Allan Poe and the likes. It's somewhat similar to American Horror Story but a lot better. Where AHS lacks substance in my mind, Penny Dreadful delivers. The 2nd episode (I've only watched these 2 episodes yet) was great. Brilliant acting, setting and themes. Older English is also very pleasant to my ear.

ReguIa

It's more like a cozy and wonderful adventure you look forward to every week
Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. With this show they could totally skip these big story arcs and I would still watch. It's a great Motw type series and seeing them just solving crimes while dealing with normal life would be enough for me. However I also love the bigger arc.

I think if you like Grimm, you'll love both Fringe and Supernatural. It's worth mentioning that it's more than fine to only watch the first 5 seasons of Supernatural. After S5 the creator of the series left but they still continued with it because of how popular it was. From there it was never as good, and you can just see it as fan fiction given that it's a new showrunner ;) Seasons 1-5 is a complete story.

Fringe is just phenomenal television.

Derk of Derkholm

I find it is very hard to get an overview, there are so many series out there, may are crap, but some are good...

My wife and I recently watched Breaking Bad until the end of season 2.
However, we were both not really thrilled about Walter White letting Jane simply die ... up to that, he was a tragic figure, but not necessarily an evil one, but only did what was absolutely necessary, and only killed the guys that "needed killin' ".

Also, earlier than that, Jesse's irresponsibly getting Jane hooked on drugs again did not sit really well with us.
So my wife forbade me to buy the further seasons...

Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch ... really good, we watched it until the last episode so far.

Elementary ... that one was pretty good as well (guess we are Sherlock fans)

Now I have just bought the first seasons of Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and House of Cards ... interested to see how these will turn out.

Am intrigued about "Better Call Saul" now, although he definitely was one of the shadier characters of "Breaking Bad"...

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I find it is very hard to get an overview, there are so many series out there, may are crap, but some are good...

My wife and I recently watched Breaking Bad until the end of season 2.
However, we were both not really thrilled about Walter White letting Jane simply die ... up to that, he was a tragic figure, but not necessarily an evil one, but only did what was absolutely necessary, and only killed the guys that "needed killin' ".

Also, earlier than that, Jesse's irresponsibly getting Jane hooked on drugs again did not sit really well with us.
So my wife forbade me to buy the further seasons...

Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch ... really good, we watched it until the last episode so far.

Elementary ... that one was pretty good as well (guess we are Sherlock fans)

Now I have just bought the first seasons of Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey and House of Cards ... interested to see how these will turn out.

Am intrigued about "Better Call Saul" now, although he definitely was one of the shadier characters of "Breaking Bad"...
Hmmm. Those are some great series.

I'd really recommend you finish Breaking Bad though. It's one of the best series out there. The character arcs of Walter and Jesse are simply amazing.

And if the stuff with Jane put you off, I'm not sure how you'll find House of Cards. Frank is a ruthless mofo.

Placida

Owns a Ring of Power
What are your thoughts on Adalind, by the way?
I really like the way they've developed her. No one that just watched the first season would even recognize her. I feel bad for Grimm
He is going to have to choose between Juliet and Adalind. Although now that Adalind is regaining her powers, there's the possibility she will give in to her dark side. I don't believe it though.

GreyMouser

An animated mini-series I would highly recomend is Over the Garden Wall. Hard to describe but it is sort of a dark fairytale that came out in 2013 and my wife, kids and I all loved it.

ReguIa

Person of Interest has now ended, I watched the final 2 episodes last night. Long story short, this is definitely one of the best and most consistently brilliantly written shows of all time.

Now's the time to binge watch it folks, you won't regret it!

ReguIa

Anyone else watching the new Netflix show Stranger Things? Great stuff, sorta like E.T. / X-Files / Horror all blended together. Give it a go!

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member

fbones24

Just started watching Knights of Sidonia on Netflix and also watching True Detective Season 2 on HBO Go.