What Movie or TV show are you watching?

Alucard

In the name of the Pizza Lord. Charge!
Staff member
Just started watching Knights of Sidonia on Netflix and also watching True Detective Season 2 on HBO Go.
Hmm, I've read Knights of Sidonia manga. It was weird and good like all of Tsutomu Nihei's stuff, although I didn't adore it as much as BLAME! That's a masterpiece.
How's the anime?

True Detective season 2 was a disappointment after season 1, but maybe you will have a good time with it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

fbones24

Journeyed there and back again
Hmm, I've read Knights of Sidonia manga. It was weird and good like all of Tsutomu Nihei's stuff, although I didn't adore it as much as BLAME! That's a masterpiece.
How's the anime?

True Detective season 2 was a disappointment after season 1, but maybe you will have a good time with it.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
I'm not a huge anime guy. I've tried many times to get into certain series or movies and couldn't. As of now, Knights of Sidonia seems to be checking all the boxes for me. It has some mixed reviews but for me, everything about it is perfect....so far.

Oddly, I am really enjoying season 2 better than season 1 of True Detective. This may be heresy, but I think Ray is a stronger character than Rust. I could see why people would think season 1 is better but I'm really enjoying season 2 more.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I've just finished Marco Polo season 2. Once again it was good fun.

I've dived into Stranger Things. I'm just on episode 1, but I'm already very impressed. Especially the production value and cinematography are amazing.

I asked a friend from here for a movie about hackers and he recommended Swordfish, I can't help but cringe when i remember it. Hugh Jackman and Computers? feels ackward haha xD

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I asked a friend from here for a movie about hackers and he recommended Swordfish, I can't help but cringe when i remember it. Hugh Jackman and Computers? feels ackward haha xD
Yes, but: Halle Berry's boobs.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just watched The Martian and absolutely loved it. Damon was brilliant. It took a while for his portrayal of Watney to get around to the way I was hoping he'd portray Watney, but he got there in the end. It was everything I was expecting after being so utterly impressed by the book. Great stuff!

GreyMouser

I've just finished Marco Polo season 2. Once again it was good fun.

I've dived into Stranger Things. I'm just on episode 1, but I'm already very impressed. Especially the production value and cinematography are amazing.
Thanks for the recommendation of Stranger Things!

What an awesome show.

ReguIa

I've already watched through it 2 times. Perfect series to binge in just a day or two.

I also just got back into X-Files after taking a break from it. Don't know why I did because I absolutely love it. Half way through season 4.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I've already watched through it 2 times. Perfect series to binge in just a day or two.

I also just got back into X-Files after taking a break from it. Don't know why I did because I absolutely love it. Half way through season 4.
Stranger Things definitely has this X-Files/Nikita/Lost feeling to it. Quite nice.

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just watched Edge of Tomorrow. Absolutely brilliant film, I loved every second of it, with possibly the exception of the last minute.
I probably would've preferred it if he/she had both just died for good!

ReguIa

That's great Tom!! One of my all time favorites for sure. Like you said it's brilliant. I'm not exactly a Tom Cruise fan but in this he was really great. As was everyone else for that matter, and Bill Paxton especially.

Definitely a movie that isn't as well knows as it deserves to be.

Silvion Night

Sir Readalot
Staff member
I just started on Black Sails. I've just finished the first episode only, and it seems like a fun series (though not historically correct of course, but that's fine).

Andrew.J

I'm halfway through the 1st season of Penny Dreadful. I currently average an episode a week, which is an all time low for me. Butt the show is absolutely amazing. It's everything I wanted American Horror Story to be - it's creepy, exciting and at the same time heartwarming and oh my god so f***ed up*. Interesting stories, many cool classical horror references and great characters. The main actress Eva Green is brilliant. A very insistent recommendation from me. Episode 2 'Séance' should tell you if you'll like the show or not. It was very... impressive. :cigar:
Cheers.

*Just in Episode 5, I swear.

moonspawn

I just started on Black Sails. I've just finished the first episode only, and it seems like a fun series (though not historically correct of course, but that's fine).
I love Black Sails! It's a very exciting series! The first season is good (although it does have some problems), but its not until the second season where it really starts to take off!

TomTB

Super Moderator
Staff member
I watched A Walk in the Woods last night, the film about the Bill Bryson book. I read the book when I was a teenager and remember loving it .. I also read about 3 other Bryson books and thought they were all fantastic. The film was a little flat though; it just kind of plodded along. I'm definitely going to have to reread the book to see if it stands up to how I remember it.

Kalavan

Would you recommend Black Sails if I've never read the Treasure Island?
Dunno, but I'd definitely recommend you to read it, YO-HO-HO, and a bottle of rum!